• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Autumn..

Register to hide this ad
Fall in Oregon usually means the rains are right around the corner. It gets cold, dark and damp here for a long while....

I don't mind much.

Hopefully the end of fire season also
 
My favorite time of the year...though I do sometimes wish I still lived on the west coast (of Canada)...the "rainy season" typically holds off until November. Here in Ontario we look forward to the leaves turning colours...often with spectacular effect!!.
 
We had a very good(much needed) rainy day yesterday, with the cloud cover and still a drizzle this morning the 'feels like' temp was 55.
Not close to first frost, but very refreshing..!!
Eventually a sunny day in the 70's.. a couple months of this wouldn't hurt my feelings..
 
My brother, you got that right.
I've been waiting for this turn in the weather for quite some time and have thrown my windows open to welcome it. We've sure had some really hot, humid days this summer and I'm looking forward to some "Magic Time."
 
Happy it's here.
I have childhood memories of first frosts happening in the next couple of weeks. It's been a l-o-n-g time since that tho.

Mid October around 15 years or so ago, a good 4" on my Lincoln Towncar. It got so warm the next day I think most of it evaporated before it got a chance to melt.... ;)

IMG_2646.JPG
 
Mid October around 15 years or so ago, a good 4" on my Lincoln Towncar. It got so warm the next day I think most of it evaporated before it got a chance to melt.... ;)

View attachment 3304396

I was much too young to remember, but mom told me about a halloween celebration on Ft Sill..
Held in the balloon hanger, very warm day..everyone was in summertime costumes..
When the hanger doors opened for everyone to head home, there were inches of snow on the ground.. the base home we lived in(corner of Kinzel and Peden) was a 20 minute walk into the north wind sweeping down the plains..
 
Was really enjoying the reduction in rain chance and lowering of the humidity from 85-95% to about 50-60% (incredible difference).

...and then this-

1727177801138.png

I'm just barely outside the cone.

...and the rain chance is now 70%
 
Back
Top Bottom