• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

bad album covers anyone?

Register to hide this ad
I like the redhead w/her daddy's pussy. And, of course, Devastatin' Dave, the Turntable Slave...Poor ol' Millie, STILL tryin' to get That 'Un "Worked Out after 30 years...Here, Millie, here's 5 bux...Buy yrself a bottle of Citrate of Magnesium....
 
Just out of boredom/curiosity, I looked up a few of these on Youtube...Ken, Joyce, & the Armless Wonder are all pretty much standard issue Gospel/Jesus freak warblers. Heino, altho you might THINK he'd have a high, squeaky, tinny voice, actually has a deep, booming bass voice, & has a LOT of hits in Germany w/the Geritol set. He suffers from Graves' Disease, hyperthyroidism, which affects his eyes & causes him to wear dark sunglasses. Devastatin' Dave, The Turntable Slave, was an anti-drug crusader, whose 15 minutes of fame c.1982 were mercifully cut short to 7.5...
 
These stinkers even make Charlie Daniels Saddle Tramp look good...



Saddle_Tramp_album.jpeg
 
At least the bossom is nice. But in all seriousness, they are so ridiculous that you can only imagine what the artists are thinking now (if they are alive).

The lady on the can takes the cake..... I am not a toilet tramp type myself.

At least they clearly document that polyester was a style at some point in human history.
 
I like the redhead w/her daddy's pussy. And, of course, Devastatin' Dave, the Turntable Slave...Poor ol' Millie, STILL tryin' to get That 'Un "Worked Out after 30 years...Here, Millie, here's 5 bux...Buy yrself a bottle of Citrate of Magnesium....

I gotta say, I like that Millie Jackson album cover and the title. Unlike most of those other bad covers, I think she and the artist(s) knew what they were aiming for and what kind of reaction they wanted to provoke. I think it's funny, and it makes me want to hear the album -- especially with song titles like "Muffle That Fart." I am kind of surprised it's from 1989; I'd have thought late seventies.

By the way, the same cover art would have worked for an earlier Millie Jackson album, from 1978, called Get It Out'cha System.

Edit: Also, that vase of flowers on the floor is a nice touch.
 

Attachments

  • Millie Jackson.JPG
    Millie Jackson.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom