• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

CD players with Vintage Setups

I have a silver CA Azur 640C-V2 and a black CA Azur 740C..Love both.
 
As this thread shows, there are plenty of silver faced CD players new and old that fit in well with vintage gear and sound great.
 
Funny you posted this as I got my SL-P8 back up and running. Sounds great
IMAG0341.jpg

IMAG0340.jpg
 
Sony SCD C2000ES SACD player is available in silver.:thmbsp: Sounds very nice to me and matches well with older Sony silver-faced components.

Not a current product, but I got a 'minty' one in the box with all the paperwork and remote for $70 in BT a while back. :smoke:
 

Attachments

  • x158SCDC2KE-f.jpg
    x158SCDC2KE-f.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 28
+1 one the Kyocera, I have the CA-310DX. These things look great and can still run with the newer players out there. I also use a Denon DVD-900 that sounds real nice.
 
I have a Musical Fidelity A3 CD player that I keep in my rotation that is not exactly vintage, but it does have a silver face.

Pic is not of my actual player.

48767.jpg
 
I just picked up a nice Sony CDP-C701ES player and it has greatly improved my sound quality over a cheap Sony BPC DVD player I was using. My 701ES was produced in 1993. Found at thrift store for $20. Money well spent.
 
At the moment I am using a Sony CDP-XE-370 connected to a Muse TDA1543 digital analog converter, Harmon Kardon 330C and a pair of EPI 100 speakers. Very inexpensive set up but sounds great.
 
I'm running several silver players.
Sony NS975V DVD player
Sony NC555ES 5-disc DVD changer
Samsung hd841 DVD player
Pioneer DV-610AV DVD player

All can play SACD and most can play DVDA.

Charles.
 
I like the older Sonys, have two DVP-NS900V players, both in black, looked for one in silver for a long time. Finally purchased an NS999ES Sony player in silver, looks pretty good with my silver Kennys.

1471659607228-615780922.jpg
 
Last edited:
I know that the thought of using a crummy changer is unthinkable, but the 3 Yamaha CDC 645's I picked up at GW for $15 with remotes, needed $2 load belts, cleaning and lubrication. They may not be quite as good sonicly as some, but they lasted better than any of the Denons I have had. They also kept my wife away from my TT.
 
I've run a Denon DCD-1500 with variable outputs connected to a properly working Maggy console amp. The original remote control, for the Denon, is a big plus.
 
Back
Top Bottom