• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

CD players with Vintage Setups

Want silver faced, try a Philips DVD963SA. A nice solid unit that up samples to 192K and sounds great!
Regards,
Jim

Agreed. I picked up one a couple weeks ago. It sounds great with both redbook CDs and SACDs, and it looks great with my early-80s silver faced gear (Yamaha A-1000 integrated amp from 1983 and Akai AT-V04 tuner from 1980):

Silver_System_2_zpslmd1easq.jpg


Silver_System_5_zpsgfxd3zao.jpg
 
I'm using this Technics player, beautiful condition and works perfectly, but I don't have the remote. There is also a BF version which is more common than the silver face version, but the silver face is so much nicer. The funny thing is, I have no recollection of how I ended up with it!
Glenn


 
Last edited:
I've been wanting a JVC XL-V300. They made them in silver and black. I want a silver one. That's a nice looking Technics!
 
an older philips based player from the 80´s! that have the tda1540 in the early 80s and 1541 mid 80s. those are philips, marantz, grundig, bang & olufsen, revox/studer, EMT and some others. if recaped, and preferably nos moded. will sweep the floor with any jap player. regardless of age and price!


but thats just my opinion
 
Last edited:
Kyoceras are nice players and blend in with classic silver/wood equipment really well. I have a DA-310CX, DA-610 and a DA-510CX. Elegant sound and looks. DA-710CX and DA-510CX have coax digital out so outboard DAC's become a possibility too.
 
I've been wanting a JVC XL-V300. They made them in silver and black. I want a silver one. That's a nice looking Technics!
Thanks red! I haven't had a CD player hooked up for 5-6 years at least. It's nice I saw this on my shelf, thought, damn that is nice, wonder if it's working? Sounds fantastic, very nice solid unit.
 
You're shittin' me, right? I still play CDs, but rarely vinyl. I have transferred a lot of my OOP vinyl to wav / CD over the last 15 years or so.
No ****. I stream through my Mac via an optical cable to a small DAC, then RCA from the DAC to my amp AUX. If I wanted to hear a CD, I'd import it into iTunes. I've been buying and listening to more vinyl again and seeing this thread made me decide to hook up the CD player again.
 
20160831_174055-01.jpeg

Still using my Sony CDP-C8ESD. Recently bought a silver Denon DVD-3910 after reading old reviews giving it thumbs up but it didn't look right in it's place above the power conditioner so I put the Sony back in place. The Sony did not only look like it's the better fit aesthetically (yeah, I'm a bit finicky about that) I like it's sound better than the Denon. Well, it's old enough to be considered vintage, I could stick five cd's in it and be good for a couple of hours and it's staying there until i find a cd player that sounds better to my ears.
 
View attachment 782884

Still using my Sony CDP-C8ESD. Recently bought a silver Denon DVD-3910 after reading old reviews giving it thumbs up but it didn't look right in it's place above the power conditioner so I put the Sony back in place. The Sony did not only look like it's the better fit aesthetically (yeah, I'm a bit finicky about that) I like it's sound better than the Denon. Well, it's old enough to be considered vintage, I could stick five cd's in it and be good for a couple of hours and it's staying there until i find a cd player that sounds better to my ears.

Like your taste in tuners lol. Not the 8300 but the KT-7300 matches my KA-7300 perfectly and sounds great as you already know.

Through a mishap in bidding I have two 7300s, still trying to decide if I want to use it with my KA-4006 in the bedroom or look for a more period correct tuner.

Martin
 
Like your taste in tuners lol. Not the 8300 but the KT-7300 matches my KA-7300 perfectly and sounds great as you already know.

Through a mishap in bidding I have two 7300s, still trying to decide if I want to use it with my KA-4006 in the bedroom or look for a more period correct tuner.

Martin

Well, I do have a KA-8300 in the bedroom that a KT-8300 will match lol.
Don't know. I'm just a sucker for matching pieces. Well, as long as they're all quite good there is no harm to it is there? :biggrin:
 
Back
Top Bottom