• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Commercials You Hate

I hate the My Pillow commercials with a passion. They were flooding my local METV affiliate (which is what I watch most of the time) with those commercials every hour on the hour. I complained on METV's website a few weeks ago, they messaged me back and said they were forwarding my complaint to the local station. Two days later no more My Pillow commercials. Hasn't been one on that I've seen since ; )
 
People are still recalling specific commercials they hate? In this case the commercials reached their goal, they are being remembered.
Are there advertisements anyone likes?
As I said before, I hate all of them. Everything I watch or listen or read I try to get rid of commercials. I cannot get those who like watching old commercials or who sings jingles from them, this strange obsession was ridiculed in Demolition Man thirty years ago.
 
I actually did see one last night I thought was good. I forgot what brand but man and woman driving crossover up a mountain road and get to the top and see a couple guys on scaffolding painting puffy clouds and the sky; the man says to the woman I think we drove up too high. I thought it was cute.

To show its prowess I suppose, halfway up they passed a man with a donkey coming down with five-gallon pails of paint hanging from each side of donkey. I assume they were empty as he was coming down after delivering fresh ones.

I said to my girlfriend omg a commercial I actually like, so it's funny you mention this today.

As a young teen, I liked the 7-Up "Uncola" adverts that featured that Caribbean actor w/ the tagline "Marvelous!"
 
Are there advertisements anyone likes?
Wendy's
semi-cute themes lately and the short dark-haired chick melts my knees in a good way, reminds me of one my ex-wives
the Lily AT&T one w/ Matt Stafford was also fun. life-changing, even....
 
Because they are portraying gay men?
Because it is just a flat-out creepy commercial, one of the creepiest....furthermore, this was being aired during a kids friendly tv show (when they were runnin it) and I absolutely despise pharmaceutical commercials.

Edit: regardless of sexual orientation, my opinion is: keep your business to yourself and in your own closet
 
Because it is just a flat-out creepy commercial, one of the creepiest....and I absolutely despise pharmaceutical commercials.
I don't see the creepiness and agree with the pharmaceuticals. Just curious why that pharmaceutical commercial was singled out :thumbsup:
 
Descovy - what a stupid-sounding name. As for PrEP, good things come with bad ones, as usual:
Since the recent introduction of preexposure prophylaxis (PrEP), several studies have reported a decrease in the use of condoms and a rise in STIs among users. This rise in risk behavior associated with the advent of PrEP is known as “risk compensation.”

Conclusion
The incidence of STI acquisition was higher than expected, indicating a need for strategies to minimize this impact, particularly among younger individuals with a higher number of sexual partners.
 
Don't you feel good about...

HAHAHA..

7-UP?


Wasn't that the same guy that was in "Live And Let Die"?

I had a particularly deep voice for my age back then, and could do that pretty dang close.

...and "No, Mr. Bond.....I want you to DIE".
 
I liked the ones where people's heads exploded in puffs of purple smoke.

...and the Car Guru's girl asking if her roommate sold the broom, has some NICE, well fitting pants.
 
Back
Top Bottom