• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Did Luxman make decent CD players?

Aha thanks for that. It wasn't aware of that one. It looks like a serious bit of kit weighing 20 kg! :eek: I hope it isn't because it'd probably give me a hernia lifting it lol.

It's roughly the right time frame although the guy mentioned that it wasn't the top one in the range; apparently that was valve (tube) based. I don't know if that helps to narrow down the possibilities. Statistically speaking it's probably more likely to be the D-500XS as it looks less rare than the DP-07, but I may be wrong.

Whatever it is, I hope it plays CD-Rs.

Edit - the DP-07 looks like a transport to go with the DA-07 DAC so I doubt if it is this one, especially at the price he quoted!

Regards,
Nick
 
Last edited:
Mercy this thread is growing hair..
FWIW, the older Luxman CDPs were courtesy (made) by Alpine. Dig into em'.
I'm not sure when Luxman switched over and took charge.
 
Back
Top Bottom