• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Dual 1009 Info

Thanks-

I am thinking I want to replace the wires too, they are not in great shape. Does anyone have a source for these wires?

The first photo is of the rca cable connection. I am guessing the top wire is pos, the middle neg and the bottom wire a ground.

The second and third photos are of the power cord connection. Its a large white plug with two connections inside.

Any thoughts as to how I can replace these?
Yes. You can find another RCA cable, and cut the ends off and solder in the new one. OR, you could install RCA jacks under the table, and then be able to plug in any RCA cables.
which of all those connectors are pos or neg
 
Most Duals of the period have RCA jacks from the factory. Or DIN for German home market units.
I figure someone here will know. Is this the mentioned above din connector or is this a vintage XLR? There’s an amphenol XLR in the second picture for reference.

I received this today and am trying to identify if this is original or if this is someone’s mod. The XLR is smaller than standard and looks as if it’s been there a very long time.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0041.jpeg
    IMG_0041.jpeg
    315.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0042.jpeg
    IMG_0042.jpeg
    183.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0043.jpeg
    IMG_0043.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 6
I figure someone here will know. Is this the mentioned above din connector or is this a vintage XLR? There’s an amphenol XLR in the second picture for reference.

I received this today and am trying to identify if this is original or if this is someone’s mod. The XLR is smaller than standard and looks as if it’s been there a very long time.
That has been modified in the past. Maybe a turntable which had been in a console, or custom installation.
 
Back
Top Bottom