• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

How big is your biggest Receiver? (watts)

Sansui G9000DB at 160W per channel. With Klipsch Cornwalls it's ridiculous. I bet I infrequently hit 4W peaks.

I'm happy, have been for years, but I can't justify needing this much power.
 
With the receivers my largest claimed power is 63 wpc. Have a couple of others in the 60 wpc range so considering FTC standardization in 1974 and some manufacturers being more conservative in claims not sure which is really most powerful.

Kenwood KR-7400, Sherwood S-8900A, Onkyo TX-4500 Mk II, and Sony STR-7065. In my workroom and living room environment even my 30-35 wpc guys don't seem to be working too hard at normal listening levels. Sherwood was Ebay fix and repair (weak output) rest regional acquisitions with some issues. Sony recent acquisition for $50 needs to taken outside and blasted clean - really dirty inside and sounds like its controls are too. Only have inside pics of the Sherwood and Sony.

IMG_20180703_011624.jpg IMG_20180726_001822.jpg IMG_20190407_131150.jpg IMG_20190303_015739.jpg IMG_20190522_122730.jpg IMG_20190522_122943.jpg
 
With the receivers my largest claimed power is 63 wpc. Have a couple of others in the 60 wpc range so considering FTC standardization in 1974 and some manufacturers being more conservative in claims not sure which is really most powerful.

Kenwood KR-7400, Sherwood S-8900A, Onkyo TX-4500 Mk II, and Sony STR-7065. In my workroom and living room environment even my 30-35 wpc guys don't seem to be working too hard at normal listening levels. Sherwood was Ebay fix and repair (weak output) rest regional acquisitions with some issues. Sony recent acquisition for $50 needs to taken outside and blasted clean - really dirty inside and sounds like its controls are too. Only have inside pics of the Sherwood and Sony.

View attachment 1533066 View attachment 1533069 View attachment 1533070 View attachment 1533071 View attachment 1533072 View attachment 1533073

I have two little Sony STR-7055's. I use them as tuner/preamps for my 150wpc power amps. They have pre-outs that allow this, For some reason Sony didn't do that on my more powerful STR-V4 which is 55wpc vs the STR-7055 35wpc.
 
Hmm - don't have any receivers - so my biggest amp is 20 watts I think. I have a Leak Delta 30 and a NAD 3020 - both small in numbers, but big in sounds :)

Just noticed in my signature - NAD T 753. I'm not including that, because it's probably been given to someone else soon.
 
Where were those sold ?
And that must be Rare...?
They were Sold in the US and Europe.

I try to remain humble about it, but usually fail. I’ve come to find that the 1989 Fisher RS Z1 is a very very rare piece. It was Sanyo/Fisher’s last MONSTER receiver. I have never seen another working model for sale in the US, but I’ve seen a couple working models in Europe.
 
Last edited:
If I didn't know better, I would swear I was looking at a piece of Pioneer Elite gear.
Yes, they shared similar looking wooden side panels and black faceplate. That was a popular color combination for early nineties hi-end monster receivers. Sony, Pioneer, Kenwood, Denon and Technics also used wooden side panels. This was the transitional time from silver face receivers. The black and wooden receivers were now remote controlled and usually had digital inputs for the introduction of compacts disc.5BD64044-F79C-4D69-8633-B56F633E4382.jpeg CA217237-44F4-4542-BD03-F58452DD4A2E.jpeg


FE50159C-7A68-4135-B3B1-2262FCB22C52.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I am down to 3 receivers, the one with the most wattage is the Pioneer SX-880, 60 WPC. Too bad she is sitting in the bullpen. Image taken from Classic Audio.
SX880a.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom