• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

How big is your biggest Receiver? (watts)

It has multiple DAC inputs so wouldn’t that make it more than an integrated. Does a receiver only have AM/FM radio?

The manufacturer Mark Levinson lists the 585 as an integrated amp and not a receiver as I'm sure you must know.
 
Sansui 8 doesn't put out anywhere near 160wpc.

OOPS! That was the quoted output under the heading "Music Power" 160W (8 ohms). You are correct, and I misread it. Some of the literature did not make that distinction. The real number is 60W (8 ohms) "Continuous Power". I stand corrected, thanks. :bowdown:
 
OOPS! That was the quoted output under the heading "Music Power" 160W (8 ohms). You are correct, and I misread it. Some of the literature did not make that distinction. The real number is 60W (8 ohms) "Continuous Power". I stand corrected, thanks. :bowdown:

Still one of the greats.
 
Realistic STA-2000D - 75 wpc x 2
Pioneer SX-636 - 25 wpc x 2
Sony VSX-56TXi - 110 wpc x 7 Although it never sounds as loud as the Realistic even in 2 channel mode
 
In my 57 years of owning Hifi equipment. I have never owned a receiver. Integrated units yes. And 3 AVR's for HT, but never just a receiver. The AVR's have all been 50 watts per channel and NAD units. The Integrateds largest unit was a Scott 299D at 40 watts if you put it on a variac and cranked up the line voltage . It came close to meeting specs at 20 watts. My MA230 would meet. specs just before clipping at 39 watts. But with speakers with around 98 db sensitivity 30 to 40 watts was all I needed. The Altec, Stephens, Klipsch and Frazier were only rated at or apox. 35 watts anyway back in the 60's. When I upgraded to Symphonies rated at. 40 watts I ran them with 2 MC 240's in Mono or about 110 watts and they were fine. Even with a MC 2105 they were all right for peaks. I still think all speakers should have over 95 db sensitivity. That. way all we would need at the most would be 200 watt amps. The idea of needing over 300 just rubs me the wrong way!!!!!!
 
Just one receiver here...
Realistic STA-2000 @ 75wpc
Definitely out powers the Nova 7b speakers I use
But its like horsepower, I like a fast car not to generally drive fast but to be able to when I need/want to.

Ben
 
Fisher RS-Z1 professor digital reference 150wpc, Bowers&Wilkins DM640i 91dB, 24bit/96kHz Hi-Res external stereo microphone recorded to 24bit WAV. Meridian Explorer2 DAC

 
Last edited:
Sansui G-871DB - 160 WPC.

100_2960.jpg


Rob
 
Back
Top Bottom