• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Interesting Article & Pictures of Keith Richards

Register to hide this ad
"But a few days ago the website Worst Previews ran the oddest bit of gossip: that the Disney Company was considering axing the Rolling Stone guitarist from playing Captain Teague in the fourth Pirates of the Caribbean film — because Richards, in his new autobiography Life, reveals that he has used drugs."

Sounds like the numbskulls that hired Elton John for Harley's 100th B-Day bash are now working for Disney. :rolleyes:

They should fire those clowns for being thick....
 
Ready for a Keef story? (I got a million, that's why I'm here, to enlighten and entertain, but I digress...) Chuck Berry had his 60th birthday party at the Fox Theater in St. Louis, MO in 1986. I camped out for tickets and got 4, which was the limit, knowing I could scalp the leftovers no problem. The day of the show they announce a second show, which I sprung for, seein's I had $300 from ticket sales. I show up early on the day of the show to see who I'd run into celeb-wise, and joined the queue at the stage door. With my eagle ninja-trained eye I spy a white van coming over the horizon and a familiar figure riding solo in back. The van approaches. Keith jumps out, I jump in, hand him an album, he signs, and dashes into the venue, leaving hundreds of like-minded scrounges like me fruitless. That day, by the same method, I meet Eric Clapton, have my pic taken with him to boot. Not to mention a sig from the late Johnnie Johnson, Johnny B. Goode himself, a St. Louis native, as is Chuck. The result? Memories and a spectacular time. Hail Hail Rock And Roll.
 
We should all be rock stars, from the article in the OP's post:

"Instead of roses, the young ladies threw their panties. "I remember walking back out onto the stage after the show, and they'd cleaned up all the underwear and everything, and there was one old janitor ... and he said, 'Very good show. Not a dry seat in the house.""
 
Back
Top Bottom