• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

It is odd, but not peculiar

Rockmonton said:
some sort of OS. hmm not sure, but heres a few wild guesses. linux, unix, etc etc.... damn i give up.

Nope, not any of those OS. But it is guess.

However, mech986 is the man of the hour, and just blew us all away.

Doc
 
Bart, my friend, I am truly in awe of your creativity. And your sense of humour so closely matches my own (you knucklehead!)

mech986 said:
...It's Apple but not Pixar
And not peach, but some fuzz
And again its a pear (pair)
With Woody and Buzz

Showboating a little, are we, hmmmm? :naughty:
 
Toasted Almond said:
Maybe I should've either read the book, saw the movie, or played in the band. Totally clueless here.

You are not far off, Toasted. It is book, but not magazine. And it is clueless, but not bewildered.

Doc
 
Toasted, I was perusing 'another' thread. Now, pay attention:

It is Glenfiddich, Dalwhinnie and Macallan, but not Lagavulin, Oban or Laphroig
It is Amaretto di Saronna but not Goslings
It is beer but not ale
It is sherry but not shiraz
It is Dr. Pepper but not Diet Pepsi
It is coffee but not Bailey's
(for cruisaire) It is Jenny but not McCarthy
 
mark is lost in the dust (as usual)...

...but I am enjoying this. I'd likely have enjoyed it even more in college days (late-1970's) when Recreational Pharmacology was still a significant part of the curriculum.
 
I could use a heavy dusting here myself Mark. All the clues haven't seemed to help. MAYBE, ignorance is bliss on this one. Maybe not. Others seem to understand and are having fun.
 
Love and marriage, love and marriage,
Go together like a horse and carriage,
Anytime or weather, love and marriage go togeeeether!

Love and marriage, love and marriage,
Go together like a horse and carriage,
Let me tell you brother,
You can't have one, you can't have one, you can't have one without the OTHER!

So, there is Jenny, and there is McCarthy, but one without the other is NOT Jenny McCarthy.
 
Toasted,

I think you are on the edge, but not quite there yet.

Remember, it is odd, but not peculiar.

It is yellow, and green, but not blue or red.

It is floor, and door, and wall, but not ceiling.

It is grass, and tree, but not plant or bush.

Doc
 
Toasted Almond said:
Love and marriage, love and marriage,
Go together like a horse and carriage,
Anytime or weather, love and marriage go togeeeether!

Love and marriage, love and marriage,
Go together like a horse and carriage,
Let me tell you brother,
You can't have one, you can't have one, you can't have one without the OTHER!

So, there is Jenny, and there is McCarthy, but one without the other is NOT Jenny McCarthy.

Not 'love', but it IS 'marriage';
Not 'horse', but it IS 'carriage'!

DOH!!! Oh, dopey me! Of course, it IS Jenny and it IS, INDEED, McCarthy. Right, as usual, TA!
(How could I have been so stupid? :scratch2: )
 
Last edited:
bolly said:
My bored out BBC is powerful, yet not weak! :D

Your BBC is, but neither powerful nor weak. (I gag on that syntax!)

Let's try this: not powerful or weak, but BBC (still reaching)

'BBC' is but 'Big Block Chevy' is not.
 
It is 'peel', but not 'strip'
It is 'ballet', but not 'lapdance'
It is 'shooter' but not 'shot' (I like that one, Doc)
It is 'glass' but not 'tumbler'
It is 'stool' but not 'chair'
It is 'barroom' (twice!) but not 'bar'

Oops, did I give away the farm? :scratch2:
 
It is yellow but not blue, but I bet it is primary but not secondary. I can speak but not English.......I think I understand the rules but don't understand the defininitions enough to play.
 
luvvinvinyl, I missed the McCarthy one. Sorry about that.

Now, for the states:

It is CONNECTICUT but not ALABAMA
It is HAWAII but not ALASKA
It is ILLINOIS but not ARIZONA
It is MASSACHUSETTS but not ARKANSAS
It is MINNESOTA but not CALIFORNIA
It is MISSISSIPPI but not COLORADO
It is MISSOURI but not DELAWARE
It is PENNSYLVANIA but not FLORIDA
It is TENNESSEE but not GEORGIA

Anyone want to try the countries?

Doc
 
Back
Top Bottom