• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Let's see your cans!

View attachment 3638318
My wife was so bummed when her original Walkman headset finally fell apart. I was able to find one of the last in-box, new headset (this was like 2015).
My beloved Sony MDR-A21's literally eventully just disintegrated from sun and suntan goo- crumbled to pieces when I tried to put them on-was quite comical! Anyway, my point is I just ordered an almost identical pair to my beloved A21's, the MDR-W11... I'm hoping it's a slightly newer model of the same "twin-turbo" phones I had? I should get them in a week or 2 max, and I can't wait- those phones blew me away! :)
 
I managed to find the Audio Technica headphones I was trying to buy, from 2 shops before xmas, and they both told me (after several phone calls) that AT is out of all stock of the ATH-MSR7b phones!! The reviews are superb, and they were on sale everywhere for $400.00... 3 weeks of wasted time! SO I got on eBay and found several pairs for very cheap! So I got a slightly used pair for $144.00 Canadian! They look mint- they have a carbon-coated diaphragm, which AT claims is close to as hard as diamond! This makes these headphones special... I'm hoping for great things, perhaps a contender to my Beyer Dynamic 1990 Pro phones?
1767131340928.png
 
Last edited:
I just looked up the Koss site, found the correct pads, and made an order using a credit card.

Here is a direct link to the Koss Pro4AA replacement pads. The set of 2 cost $5.46 (including sales tax) with free shipping via United States Postal Service. The order came directly from Koss in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and it arrived at my home in Tennessee in 5 days.


Here is my instsllation experience and advice. Look at the bottom of the thread. Koss Pro $AA Pad/Cushion Replacement
 
Last edited:
I just looked up the Koss site, found the correct pads, and made an order using a credit card.

Here is a direct link to the Koss Pro4AA replacement pads. The set of 2 cost $5.46 (including sales tax) with free shipping via United States Postal Service. The order came directly from Koss in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and it arrived at my home in Tennessee in 5 days.


Here is my instsllation experience and advice. Look at the bottom of the thread. Koss Pro $AA Pad/Cushion Replacement
I like the Brainwavz sheepskin leather replacement pads.

:thumbsup:
 
FiiO K9 Pro ESS Skylight showed up!

View attachment 3231605
Nice! FiiO makes some very cool audio equipment, if a bit pricey for Chi-Fi. Still, when you look at it, Chinese corporations manufacture over 90% of all "personal audio" devices sold around the world, be they DAC/HPA combos, headphones from all tiers, portables, dongles, you name it. How is the sound on the K9?
 
New cans, KLH Ultimate One, with 51mm Beryllium drivers are revelatory!
View attachment 3746163View attachment 3746164

These are my favorite cans right now. I have several headphones from Sennheiser, Sony, Shure, Audio-Technica and AKG to compare them to and the KLHs don't give up anything to the more well-known, popular brands.

It helps that they look cool and are extremely comfortable too.
 
These are my favorite cans right now. I have several headphones from Sennheiser, Sony, Shure, Audio-Technica and AKG to compare them to and the KLHs don't give up anything to the more well-known, popular brands.

It helps that they look cool and are extremely comfortable too.
I'll admit that I didn't get the allure of cans, I only got these because I had a bunch of surgeries this spring which left me homebound, spending most of my time recovering on the sofa. My partner works from home 4 days a week and has coopted the dining room table for her office; our condo has an open floor plan for the dining room, living room & kitchen and I needed a better solution for my laptop so we didn't drive each other crazy. These KLH popped up on FB Marketplace for a Benjamin and I jumped at them. I get it now. There may be better headphones out there, but these do so well that I'm satisfied for the time being.
 
mcintosh087.jpg


Grado SR-225's driven by a 10WPC class-A 6p1p amp.
Protect more of your memories? Don't worry dude, they are very well protected. :)

Couldn't resist, sorry.
 
I managed to find the Audio Technica headphones I was trying to buy, from 2 shops before xmas, and they both told me (after several phone calls) that AT is out of all stock of the ATH-MSR7b phones!! The reviews are superb, and they were on sale everywhere for $400.00... 3 weeks of wasted time! SO I got on eBay and found several pairs for very cheap! So I got a slightly used pair for $144.00 Canadian! They look mint- they have a carbon-coated diaphragm, which AT claims is close to as hard as diamond! This makes these headphones special... I'm hoping for great things, perhaps a contender to my Beyer Dynamic 1990 Pro phones?
View attachment 3665406
$144? Wow, great score! :thumbsup:

Do you like them?
 
Back
Top Bottom