• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Let's see your cans!

Sennheiser makes a nice and cheap stand.

moMefOixLlYAJYXAKLnEUT4zAZyipUD37SI94JOyWR0M-dNxpqvF2nnnIzXlEf4ybZVDjlzFDL0hzhgQu6eTgT931NG5pLdhwtew5-ox9pCPvWi4mRvMIlmh0nC__nByXW-0MKqAczwZMl2QHs7_oc9QTkBLEAo3DEF5AjNITkfYLA14XzA0jE2JneeNk5zVpYoy
 
Resurrecting....



Beyerdynamic DT770 Premium 250ohm closed back headphones.

:music:

Nice:thmbsp:, good looking headphones. I don't know if i've seen "plush" ear pads before, I bet it's comfy. Good looking receiver as well.

the phones are Sony MDR-605 open ear. plugged into a protable Sony CD player. model D-NF430. with AM/FM and weather

Not bad, not bad at all. Some of the portable cd players are really nice, I had a sony a long while back, I believe, and it was good, but it broke, so I got a koss, which was another good one, but it too crapped out (to be fair, it got a lot of heavy use), I currently use a RioVolt, which is a "meh" player. Good sound quality, but eats batteries like nothing (I tested the amperage, it's double the koss, so half the battery life).

Anyway, i'm blabbering on. Nice setup:thmbsp:
 
been listening to my grado 325's for quite a few years now, i love them. In your face great sounding headphones. I use them for gaming and listening to music. I also own a pair of grado rs-1. They do sound better than the 325's but not appreciatively so to me. I also have a few headphone amps, they do add to the experience. One thing I do want to add to the grado's, I had a channel go out on my 325's and grado took them back, no questions asked, repaired them beyond what was wrong, sent them back to me fully functional, no charge minus shipping, something maybe to keep in mind.
 
Last edited:
Nice:thmbsp:, good looking headphones. I don't know if i've seen "plush" ear pads before, I bet it's comfy. Good looking receiver as well.



Not bad, not bad at all. Some of the portable cd players are really nice, I had a sony a long while back, I believe, and it was good, but it broke, so I got a koss, which was another good one, but it too crapped out (to be fair, it got a lot of heavy use), I currently use a RioVolt, which is a "meh" player. Good sound quality, but eats batteries like nothing (I tested the amperage, it's double the koss, so half the battery life).

Anyway, i'm blabbering on. Nice setup:thmbsp:

but eats batteries like nothing

don't use standard alkaline batts. use hi current rechargeable nicads. the ones they make for camera's are ideal. that's what i have.
 
don't use standard alkaline batts. use hi current rechargeable nicads. the ones they make for camera's are ideal. that's what i have.

Ah ha ha, I had not thought of that:thmbsp:, I was using rechargables for my older cd player and gameboy until the family "borrowed" the set for the digital camera. May be time to take those back:yes:.
 
Ah ha ha, I had not thought of that:thmbsp:, I was using rechargables for my older cd player and gameboy until the family "borrowed" the set for the digital camera. May be time to take those back:yes:.

for sure. they will save you $$$$ and in a short time. ive had this set for over 2 years now. recharge time from dead is 5 mins. a fan keeps em cool cause they do warm up
 
These babies are gonna see so much action over the next couple of days it's not even funny. :D

You're letting them watch? :D

Seriously, I've considered the AD700 on several occasions but have never brought myself to pull the trigger. Every time I get the urge, I go to Head-Fi and get talked out of it. Gotta stop going to that place. :nono:

The AD700 are supposed to be very good for gaming and movies, on account of the imaging and sound stage. I'm not sure if you have those uses lined up for them apart from music, but just FYI.
 
Nice:thmbsp:, good looking headphones. I don't know if i've seen "plush" ear pads before, I bet it's comfy. Good looking receiver as well.

Thanks. Most of the Beyerdynamic cans come with the plush pads. They are as soft and comfortable as they look. Much better than leather IMO. :thmbsp:
 
Here are mine:

JVC HA-RX700. The undisputed king of 40 dollar fullsized headphones :music:



I drive them with the Asus Xonar Essence STX soundcard which has a rather good built in headphone amp.

i have the exact same set..
i am very verry dissapointed with mine.. not even noise canceling.
very very little bass.. worst $34. i ever spent.
 
Last edited:
i have the exact same set..
i am very very disappointed with mine.. not even noise canceling.
very very little bass.. worst $34. i ever spent.

Odd. Mine have plenty of bass if you feed them enough power. They don't have quite as pronounced of bass as the Beyerdynamics, but it is there. If they had put noise canceling in a 34 dollar set they would sound even worse.

Then again, if they sound good to me doesn't mean they will sound good to anyone else.
 
Back
Top Bottom