• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Login Problems with Political Chat Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is this: If politics could actually improve our lives, it already would have done so. After 250 years, I think it is safe to call it a total failure.

The failure lies in the populace not staying informed, or concerned with who makes the decisions.

It has become some weird popularity contest, and not only are the masses too stupid or uninformed/MIS-informed, the politicians themselves are equally clueless.

AOC on one side, MTG and LB on the other. All fools.

"....wherever the people are well informed they can be trusted with their own government; that whenever things get so far wrong as to attract their notice, they may be relied on to set them to rights. "
- Thomas Jefferson
 
Hey @Alobar, @onwardjames @spicer @Bill Ferris @Mystic @rickb119 - (and whomever I forgot) it was real interesting chatting with you folks lately. Please accept my apology for getting "too adult" in the OFF TOPIC area. You made so many interesting posts, and it was worth the time for me. But "the Internet" must be sanitized at any cost! I'm pretty sure I never insulted anyone posting to me, but none the less, "the Internet" must be sanitized!
Cheers!
Desertratt
 
Hey @Alobar, @onwardjames @spicer @Bill Ferris @Mystic @rickb119 - (and whomever I forgot) it was real interesting chatting with you folks lately. Please accept my apology for getting "too adult" in the OFF TOPIC area. You made so many interesting posts, and it was worth the time for me. But "the Internet" must be sanitized at any cost! I'm pretty sure I never insulted anyone posting to me, but none the less, "the Internet" must be sanitized!
Cheers!
Desertratt

You made some absolutely wonderful points, some I've taken to heart. But, and it's a big but, we all know to keep things non-political and non-religious.

I failed, and for that, I again apologize.

Maybe here we can take the gloves off a bit more. Good discussion is so hard to find nowadays.

EDIT - I mistakenly thought we had been booted over to political chat. Again, my apologies.
 
Last edited:
You made some absolutely wonderful points, some I've taken to heart. But, and it's a big but, we all know to keep things non-political and non-religious.

I failed, and for that, I again apologize.

Maybe here we can take the gloves off a bit more. Good discussion is so hard to find nowadays.

No, you may not discuss politics here, period. Take it to PoliticalChat or elsewhere. Sorry.
 
Here are the rules regarding politics and religion on AK per the owner.


"I know its very hard to not discuss political topics with our past elections hardly over, but folks please remember our rules.

Politics and religion are two very heated topics that can turn friends in to enemies very quickly. Lets leave these topics off of Audiokarma.

If you must discuss them, please remember that Audiokarma has a sister site just for these types of discussions. Its called www.politicalchat.org

Thank you for your understanding
Grumpy" A reminder (Politics and Religion): Please read | Audiokarma Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

This thread is purely informational regarding signing up or logging onto Political Chat. Don't post your political stuff in this thread. Thanks.
 
Hey @Alobar, @onwardjames @spicer @Bill Ferris @Mystic @rickb119 - (and whomever I forgot) it was real interesting chatting with you folks lately. Please accept my apology for getting "too adult" in the OFF TOPIC area. You made so many interesting posts, and it was worth the time for me. But "the Internet" must be sanitized at any cost! I'm pretty sure I never insulted anyone posting to me, but none the less, "the Internet" must be sanitized!
Cheers!
Desertratt
So I was writing a post to your thread on cold fusion and I guess the thread got nuked :rolleyes:. Oh well. Anyway, any politics aside, was a good thread.
 
So I was writing a post to your thread on cold fusion and I guess the thread got nuked :rolleyes:. Oh well. Anyway, any politics aside, was a good thread.

I don't get why you guys keep trying to post your political views on AK. Nobody wants to hear it.
 
I've never been able to get logged in, despite several attempts over several years.
At this point, I'm gonna say that turned out to be a good thing.

All you have to do is send Luvvinvinyl at PM. Easy peasey, lemon squeezie.
 
Hey @Alobar, @onwardjames @spicer @Bill Ferris @Mystic @rickb119 - (and whomever I forgot) it was real interesting chatting with you folks lately. Please accept my apology for getting "too adult" in the OFF TOPIC area. You made so many interesting posts, and it was worth the time for me. But "the Internet" must be sanitized at any cost! I'm pretty sure I never insulted anyone posting to me, but none the less, "the Internet" must be sanitized!
Cheers!
Desertratt
"Too Adult". I'm not sure that's even possible. Appreciate the thought though. Take care and know you are among friends.
 
So I was writing a post to your thread on cold fusion and I guess the thread got nuked :rolleyes:. Oh well. Anyway, any politics aside, was a good thread.
I don't get why you guys keep trying to post your political views on AK. Nobody wants to hear it.
I believe cold fusion was in line with the original topic and in no way political. If you think otherwise I am sorry. You are the one who keeps trying to shove everybody over to PC. If you like it there I am happy for you, but it ain't for me. BTW, AK is advertising for new mods, so maybe you should give that a go. as it seems you are half way there already. Just saying
 
Sounds like some timeouts are in order. Thanks for the effort, Mods.

I have amended my previous post, as I failed to realize we were not on the political forum. This was a detail I somehow missed.

Yeah, brain ain't firing on all cylinders these days.
 
The point was, the other discussion turned into a bunch of folks complaining that they could not get in to Political Chat,
which is a completely different topic than the energy discussions, and better addressed in its own thread here to get some visibility on your problems.
The original thread is still ongoing ...Whoops, I misspoke - looks like DessertRat deleted the Green Energy Transition thread a while ago ...

This thread, started by DesertRatt, has been deleted. Deleted by DesertRatt, Today at 5:50 PM, Reason: too adult for the forum
 
Actually, contacting me, via email at luvvinvinyl@audiokarma.org, or via PM, here, will get you better results. Email to grumpy gets swamped among the thousands he gets every day.

Most efficient, though, is to use the Forgot Password link in the login page. It will email you a password reset link that you can use to reset your password.

@ETLS that will get you up and running again. If you have any difficulty, please let me know.

Those were the first steps I tried, Ernie. Exhausted all avenues and then fired off emails. All of those went nowhere. Comes a time when it just seems pointless to keep banging your noggin on the brick wall of not getting access to the forum.

Same here when a non political post was deleted for a picture that was deemed political, that had no political overtones. Those emails go unanswered too. Pointless to ask for clarification on why it was deemed political.
 
Hey @Alobar, @onwardjames @spicer @Bill Ferris @Mystic @rickb119 - (and whomever I forgot) it was real interesting chatting with you folks lately. Please accept my apology for getting "too adult" in the OFF TOPIC area. You made so many interesting posts, and it was worth the time for me. But "the Internet" must be sanitized at any cost! I'm pretty sure I never insulted anyone posting to me, but none the less, "the Internet" must be sanitized!
Cheers!
Desertratt

All the best to you, my friend.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom