• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MC2105 auto former

My two cents with the bidding.
As the last parts unit sold for $480.00 plus shipping.
The folks that lost out on it, could be more than likely eyeing in on this one.
So they may be thinking the 500 range.

You may have to go that high, best to go high than to lose out. But not knowing also what you are willing to spend.
Pre load your bid and click on your bid with 4 to 5 seconds left on auction.
Also you could sell the other autoformer and other parts to regain some of your money back.
 
I’m sending this same reply to several of you that were very kind and helpful. I’m happy to say that out of the blue I was able to purchase a good autoformer late last night and it’s being sent to AC next week to put my amplifier back together. Thank you for all of the information and support.
 
That's tough.

Maybe if you set a search on evilbay it will notify you when someone lists one, about all I can offer.
I’m wanted to let you know I was able to purchase a good autoformer late last night and it’s being sent to AC next week to put my amplifier back together. Thanks for so much kindness & wisdom (and time to share it).
 
That was my intention, if the OP opts out.
I’m sending this to let you know that out of the blue I was able to purchase a good autoformer late last night..being sent to AC next week to start putting my amplifier back together. Accordingly I will be opting out of the auction for the parts 2100. Thank you for the support & being willing to opt out of the auction on my behalf.
 
Your main problem could be a highball bid from an interested party. Only way to determine amount is to exceed it with a bid, let others do that and snipe your best offer as per previously discussed protocols in the last few seconds.
When I want something, I bid the highest price i'm willing to pay and do so at anytime convenient. Sniping isn't possible when others max bids are 50% of mine ...
 
When I want something, I bid the highest price i'm willing to pay and do so at anytime convenient. Sniping isn't possible when others max bids are 50% of mine ...
You're that guy that wants it more than other bidders, that how it's done in those cases.
 
Last edited:
A local unit for parts. Dumb luck that I heard about it, inquired and got a reply just after putting in my first bid on the one in the eBay auction. In the mail to AC now. I was able to get both autoformers in the deal. If both are good I’ll have a spare to help someone in the same bind I was in.

Very good!

Looking forward to hearing about it when it's finished.

Be sure that AC does the updates (mentioned in your other thread) while it's in there to the 2505-2 spec.
 
Very good!

Looking forward to hearing about it when it's finished.

Be sure that AC does the updates (mentioned in your other thread) while it's in there to the 2505-2 spec.
Yes. I’ll do so. Thanks. They’re very happy it has gone this way however, not as happy as I am!
 
Let us know how the donor surgery goes! As a suggestion, you can always ask Audio classics, if they would like the other Transformer. You might be able to negotiate a rake off on the tab for the 2105. The chance that you'd ever need another output transformer, is very slim.
I'm also out, for the junker 2100 on the 'Bay.
I really don't need the parts, but maybe someone else in this forum, does.
 
Yes. I’ll do so. Thanks. They’re very happy it has gone this way however, not as happy as I am!
Let us know how the donor surgery goes! As a suggestion, you can always ask Audio classics, if they would like the other Transformer. You might be able to negotiate a rake off on the tab for the 2105. The chance that you'd ever need another output transformer, is very slim.
I'm also out, for the junker 2100 on the 'Bay.
I really don't need the parts, but maybe someone else in this forum, does.
Will update for certain. The parts will reach Vestal mid week. Uncertain at this point whether I have to rejoin the queue or if they’ll go straight to work on it. I will find out. It had crossed my mind to see if they might want the other part. Thanks for suggesting it. When all is settled, I’ll make the 400 mile round trip bring it home. I’ve spent the months since of downtime sourciing materials for and building a slab of walnut into a sturdy and dare I say lovely home for my gear and with far better record storage (not in walnut). I’m very near completion on all of that too so the timing is working out nicely. Good luck on the junker. More to come.
 
If remaining parts were all good and it just had a bad autoformer (removed), you have two good updated driver boards ($200 min), a set of heatsinks with output transistors ($?), a good power transformer ($200?), a good autoformer ($200?), a couple of good gain knobs that are nonobtainium ($50), a chassis, barrier strips, cover, preamp board, some really good parts that I think a patient person could easily make some money on. I would have kept the knobs and driver boards to see if I could break even on the rest.

Big IF though.

McIntosh amps typically bring better money if they have tubes or meters so it is possible that this as a repair unit, if the other autoformer could be found, would be a tough one to stay under its value when complete.
 
If remaining parts were all good and it just had a bad autoformer (removed), you have two good updated driver boards ($200 min), a set of heatsinks with output transistors ($?), a good power transformer ($200?), a good autoformer ($200?), a couple of good gain knobs that are nonobtainium ($50), a chassis, barrier strips, cover, preamp board, some really good parts that I think a patient person could easily make some money on. I would have kept the knobs and driver boards to see if I could break even on the rest.

Big IF though.

McIntosh amps typically bring better money if they have tubes or meters so it is possible that this as a repair unit, if the other autoformer could be found, would be a tough one to stay under its value when complete.

I thought about it, but decided against it. I have a number of projects around the house (including several audio projects) that need attention. Someone out there needed the amp, more that I. I would've been in at a lowball price, but with tax and shipping, it would be too close to $500 for the hulk. . I'm already happy with my two rebuilt 2100's
 
Back
Top Bottom