• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

mmmmmmm, morels

MitsuMan

Super Member
Tis officially morel season. Found some yesterday, sauteed them up with butter in a cast iron skillet and put em' on a burger with swiss cheese. YUMMY!!! :tresbon:
 
Register to hide this ad
Not up in Northern IN as far as I know

nor here....unless they're growing under 10 feet of snow. We just have to be patient around here, then go hunting those little orange bastages when the summer rains come....if they come.

WOOPS: I was thinking of chanterelles, not morrells that we can hunt here come summer. DOH!
 
Big season here in MO. My friends are reporting bags and bags full. I never find any. :tears:
 
We're a good month away up here yet. All we need is a few 75 plus degree days with a fair amount of rain. Our snow only left last Friday
Enjoy!
Mike
 
Mmmmmmm...

I loves me somes mushrooms....


mushroom_gnome_violin_fairies_danci.jpg
 
!!! A couple more weeks and they'll be poppin here too !!!
I like mine dipped in egg and rolled in ritz or townhouse then skillet fried in butter. Yum
 
You guys are killin' me!

I grew up in West Central Illinois, and I recall gathering shopping bags full at our secret place -- "Rattlesnake Ridge" somewhere along the Illinois River bluffs. That is until one of my Dad's friends actually *saw* a rattlesnake, and then our morel-hunting days were over...

But: rinse 'em off, pat 'em dry, roll in an egg batter & fry 'em up good.

I don't think I've ever seen any around here in in Southern Maryland.

Damn.

Steve A.
 
You guys are killin' me!

I grew up in West Central Illinois, and I recall gathering shopping bags full at our secret place -- "Rattlesnake Ridge" somewhere along the Illinois River bluffs. That is until one of my Dad's friends actually *saw* a rattlesnake, and then our morel-hunting days were over...

But: rinse 'em off, pat 'em dry, roll in an egg batter & fry 'em up good.

I don't think I've ever seen any around here in in Southern Maryland.

Damn.

Steve A.

I used to live near Hagerstown and we found em in the woods around Washington County. A friend of mine from Hagerstown also used to have a secret place that he would drive down to in Virginia and bring back 5 gallon buckets of em. I bet they're around Southern maryland too. Get out there man! They'll be done soon down there!
 
Cause' your too busy digging through trash for audio gear! LOL

He's right, ya know. :D

Soon as I got done whining, darned if our secretary (oops, Administrative Professional :nono:) didn't bring me a ziplock bag of nice little morels yesterday! All cleaned and ready to cook. Apparently they're finding so many they can't eat em all. I sauteed em in butter and olive oil with a little garlic, put in some pasta and a little Parmesan. Oh holy moley those are good. :drool:
 
He's right, ya know. :D

Soon as I got done whining, darned if our secretary (oops, Administrative Professional :nono:) didn't bring me a ziplock bag of nice little morels yesterday! All cleaned and ready to cook. Apparently they're finding so many they can't eat em all. I sauteed em in butter and olive oil with a little garlic, put in some pasta and a little Parmesan. Oh holy moley those are good. :drool:


MAN that sounds good!!!!
 
Well, Whole Foods has Morels here in New England....


At $59.99 a pound!!!

I bought four mushrooms. Not four pounds- four mushrooms.

Even in the (surprisingly for Whole Foods) poor condition and freshness (or lack thereof) of the fungi, I gotta say, they were fabulous.

Also picked up some Chanterels from France (at a cost less than half of the Morels).
Very good too. But not as good as the Morels....
 
:drool::drool::drool::drool:
Just finished some of my wife's home made morel mushroom fettuchini. :rockon:

She saute's the morels in butter with fresh garlic cloves and vidalia onion. Then she adds flour, chicken stock, and half and half and reduces it on the stove. Then she adds fresh parmigiano reggiano and combines it with cooked fettuchini noodles. OMG :tresbon:
 
Back
Top Bottom