• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

most beautiful electronics of all time

This is a pic from the internet, and unfortunately is NOT in my collection:

mPDxoeApCOOtXGqkuBe7ig.jpg

I did not even think about those old radios when reading the opening post. The woodwork on some of those old pieces is quite stunning.
 
Man this one hurts to see, I had one from the recyclers years back before I realised just how valuable the rarer boxes are basically gave it away, it was a genuine jap 100v model too....urgh
Had mine shipped from Korea about 15yrs ago, took more than 3 months lol. It said ground ship but I didn't know that meant he was carrying it here.
 
I tried putting in new led's but ran into some issues with the pads coming up and can't solder them in now. I might have to Macgyver something.
Hmmm; I'm thinking they must be really close to being like the d1200 as they look very similar. In my d1200 there was no soldering required as they were fuse type led's that popped into place. Good luck to you as they are beautiful looking meters especially when the bulbs are all working correctly
 
Hmmm; I'm thinking they must be really close to being like the d1200 as they look very similar. In my d1200 there was no soldering required as they were fuse type led's that popped into place. Good luck to you as they are beautiful looking meters especially when the bulbs are all working correctly
I was hoping they were fuse type like the D1200, but they are soldered in. This one doesn't have DPD but it is 120 w/ch made in 1993, I believe. Thank you, I used have the D-1150 and love those meters.
 
I've always loved the look of these.

46d912194ce7291353fc5854e1dc8eb6.jpg


The round dial Scotts do look terrific. I don't own one, but would rank them high on the most attractive gear list.

Some designs stand the test of time. It seems likely the that designer of the Sansui AU-9500 (1974) was an admirer of the H. H. Scott LK-72 (1961). Both still look great, and a modern amp with a similar design would probably sell well today (pictures are not mine, from the web).

Scott_LK72.jpg


Sansui_AU9500.jpg
 
I'm usually not a fan of Sansui's aesthetics, but I saw this combo at an electronic shop. Small shop that has a few guitars, tv's and some stereo and home theater equipment. He had a back room that had some altec speakers, marantz amplifier and this combo, all of them seemed to be in mint condition.

Sansui%20G-22000%20Receiver%20-%2001.preview.JPG
 
Back
Top Bottom