• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

most beautiful electronics of all time

A few of my pieces of gear which some may find 'beautiful':
ipod2g.jpg

bg4002_lidopen.jpg

bg8000_running.jpg

tx2_spinning.jpg

luxman1.jpg

mcstack_beta.jpg

pioneerspec.jpg

au70_front.jpg

aurora6.jpg

telechron4f51a.jpg

telechron4f71_1.jpg

westclox1.jpg

ivy305_1.jpg

heemaf.jpg

telefond08.jpg

braunt1000_2.jpg

icf7600d_1.jpg

gpr90_1.jpg

ak545_2.jpg

zenith9s262.jpg
 
Two stand out for me that I experienced at a reviewer friend's home. First up is the gorgeous Burmester 969/970 transport and DAC. Workmanship was NASA grade (as was the sound quality).

burmester3.jpg


Secondly is the Clearaudio Statement. It is truly difficult to capture how magnificent this instrument is in person with mere pictures. The massive upper assembly freely gimbals with the attached Nautilus-like weights (total weight is about 700 lbs). Platter is magnetically driven. Linear tonearm tower slides back out of the way with smooth precision.

clearaudiostmt.jpg
at
 
An early color television. Say from the mid-late Fifties. Those Kuba Komets were B/W, Germany didn't have color TV til the Sixties, IIRC., They ARE kinda scary lookin'.. I'd have one, & go out & get Good & Loaded, come back home, get into a fight w/it, & undoubtedly bust it into a Jillion pieces..
 
Not mine but I think the Pioneer RT-909 is a very nice looking unit.

6770.jpg

Yes those are. I am one of those that never seams to be at the right place at the right time. When I was just getting into this about 3 years ago we had been at the beach for a long weekend when one of those was posted on Craigslist near our place. Of course I did not know until after we drove 200 miles home. The same person also posted a Pioneer 9800 integrated amp, tuner and I forget which turntable just an hour or 2 before we left. All 4 pieces for about 450 too. Now, why does this happen to me :dunno:
 
mhardy6647, thanks for posting the photo of the Tektronix 545A. I love the look of those vintage Tek 'scopes. The user experience is fun, too -- especially the cooling fan that sounds like an idling 747 and the handles that technically make it a portable instrument, even though lifting it unassisted is an invitation to a hernia. Maybe that's why I still enjoy using my Tektronix 545, with a 1A1 solid-state dual-trace plug-in and a 1L5 spectrum analyzer plug-in, for a lot of my troubleshooting and repair work.
 
I would never trust the handles on that particular 545A. :confused:

I have never powered it up -- it was given to me quite a few years back -- and I really, truly don't have the heart to gut it. It is such a beautifully designed and built piece of instrumentation.
 
I've several Tek O'scopes, my 310A is representative of this period. I use a T932 as my go-to when I need one. I have a 465M I haven't fired up in over a decade, and an assortment of 560 series examples with several plugins.
 
mhardy6647, thanks for posting the photo of the Tektronix 545A. I love the look of those vintage Tek 'scopes. The user experience is fun, too -- especially the cooling fan that sounds like an idling 747 and the handles that technically make it a portable instrument, even though lifting it unassisted is an invitation to a hernia. Maybe that's why I still enjoy using my Tektronix 545, with a 1A1 solid-state dual-trace plug-in and a 1L5 spectrum analyzer plug-in, for a lot of my troubleshooting and repair work.

I would never trust the handles on that particular 545A. :confused:

I have never powered it up -- it was given to me quite a few years back -- and I really, truly don't have the heart to gut it. It is such a beautifully designed and built piece of instrumentation.

Thanks for the reminder. I've got three of those beasts clogging up my garage. :eek:

......
 
Back
Top Bottom