• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

My minimalist system. Show me yours.

Thats nice!!!!

Urizen said:
My living room system:

Kyocera DA-610cx
Fisher 400
KLH Model Six

fisherkyro2.jpg

When I was living on my own a few years back, I got a Fisher 500 that I fixed up. A rare one with the big Roman Numerals on the dial. Put a Dual 1009 and a pr of AR 2 way speakers. Had it in the guestroom. Sold the Fisher for a pr of ski's, it my other passion.

Moved in with my lady friend. The minimust system is in my shop. Love having a bench! Just upgraded my test amp. Had a Pioneer QX 4000 quad reciever that was in my guestroom after the Fisher left. It was getting a little tired. After fixing up a big Pioneer SX 1980 I got the Pioneer SX 850 bug--again! A nice one too. All for $128 with shipping off Ebay. Nice cosmetically and it works! I put it on a TV stand and put my Dual 1009 on top of it. Found a 3 tape monitor switch box (Marilyn's) so I have my TEAC 1230 reel to reel on monitor one with my TEAC 450 cassette and a TEAC 3340 into the switch box. Having the receiver on the TV stand makes it easy to hookup repair stuff. I got a DVD player at work--a Proton? that was being tossed out doing the CD duties.hooked it up to try it. Dont run Cds. played it a half hour. All playing thru my rat JBL 100's. I actually use this system more than my LR set. The shop is small but its a cool place to hang out. I had an extra hour today. Took a RTR tape of Elton John and put it on a cassette. My 11 year old Ford F150 4X4 has a cassette. Another EBAY purchase---I like old Fords just like I do vintage audio. Put a 5 inch RCA monitor to finish it out. God my LPs and tapes sound good on this system. This set keeps growing:D

Eric :music:
 
Welcome Petyot! I like what you've got going, there. Which headphone amp(s?) do you have pictured?
 
Cool headphone setup...I keep buying and selling my AKG K-340's...And you read Isaac Asimov...only smart people do that!
 
Hi Petyot

Welcome aboard. I think you will enjoy the folks here. A lot of knowledge willing shared. Nice system (I like the headphone rack:thmbsp: ). Thanks for jumping in on this thread

Glenn
 
Minimalist sysem is a Centron 2 gig flashdrive/mp2/fm tuner plugged into a pair of EMC 2.0 Diamond Audio for Gateway computer amplified speakers that came with my kid's HP laptop (no, I never figired out how Gatewate speakers came with a HP laptop - sealed box from HP so not a throwin). Used in the office to listen to old time radio programs and FM news in the morining.
 
Thanks to all of you for your welocoming message.

I am more a headphone guys so that explain my setup.

Redboy : the headphone amp is a Little Dot II++.

ticntoc : the headphone rack is home made with some plumbing material and a wood base.

Here is another pictures of a minimalist system (Zen Vision:M >> Xenos amp >> SR60)

DSC_35981.jpg
 
Petyot said:
Thanks to all of you for your welocoming message.

I am more a headphone guys so that explain my setup.

Redboy : the headphone amp is a Little Dot II++.

ticntoc : the headphone rack is home made with some plumbing material and a wood base.

Here is another pictures of a minimalist system (Zen Vision:M >> Xenos amp >> SR60)

DSC_35981.jpg

Very inviting looking! :thmbsp:

I see a little Trends Amp, too (in your first pic). What's it driving?
 
pmsummer said:
Very inviting looking! :thmbsp:

I see a little Trends Amp, too (in your first pic). What's it driving?

I tried the Trends to drive my 70's no-name speakers. Well, they are not completely no-name, there a from Sears. They were included in a 70's system I bought a few month ago : Sears "professional serie" Dual Mosfet receiver with those speakers (btw, if anybody knows anything about Sears vintage receiver I will be glad to get more information about it).

The Trends did a good job but I will have to return it because there is some intermitent problems with one chanel on this amp. Otherwise, I did like the sound of it and I had no problem driving those big speakers to a very reasonnable volume (read loud).
 
p60600021iq5.jpg


I guess this is my most minimalist system... the Tivoli Model One with iPod.

Part of my "Office Survival Kit".
 
Pics of Minimulis Shop system...

Had a little time this AM. Getting a Dual 1009F ready for a coworker who wants to spin vinyl. Really dont have room for three Duals. Tried it it out.God I hate to give her away:tears: Works too well.

Anyway here are the pics. Lucy (the cat) is the shop mascot. Having a shop is a lot of fun...Eric:music:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0687.JPG
    IMG_0687.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0685.JPG
    IMG_0685.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0683.JPG
    IMG_0683.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 108
I guess my minimalist system would be the KLH 24 I recently acquired. However my main 2 channel system which is buried in amongst an HT system and about 5 pairs of speakers consists of an Oppo DV970HD DVD/CD player, NAD 7155 receiver and my MTM transmission line speakers. I guess that's fairly minimalist it just doesn't look like it where it's parked now.

Ray
 

Attachments

  • klh24.jpg
    klh24.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 339
I unstored a solid state cheapy AKAI and it sounds quite good...for 5 bucks, what can I complain about.

100_2455.jpg


100_2454.jpg
 
Way cool...

spkrdood said:
I guess my minimalist system would be the KLH 24 I recently acquired. However my main 2 channel system which is buried in amongst an HT system and about 5 pairs of speakers consists of an Oppo DV970HD DVD/CD player, NAD 7155 receiver and my MTM transmission line speakers. I guess that's fairly minimalist it just doesn't look like it where it's parked now.

Ray

I always liked those systems. Eric
 
A bit late to the party, but here's mine: not only is it minimalist, it's also tiny! :D An Advent 420S receiver, a Sony CDP-S37 CD player (originally from Great Britain; requires a reverse voltage converter in order to run on 120V), a Technics SL-5 turntable, and a set of unidentified Realistic mini-speakers. Sounds pretty good, and makes a nice desk setup. :banana:
adventsystem.jpg

-Adam
 
This is my minimalist system. Not for critical/loud listening. I just set it up about 30 minutes ago for no real reason. Sounds semi-decent considering the crappy speakers.

Technics SU-V78
Panasonic DVD-RV31
RCA speakers(from an all-in-one boombox sized thing)

And this is the best picture I could get for this thing(camera phone).
 

Attachments

  • SSPX0235.jpg
    SSPX0235.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 186
My mini "minimalist" system. This is as minimalist as it gets here. Toshiba System 15 and NHT Classic 4's. Sound rivals my main system. Nevermind the crap on the floor, its on the way out.

ToshibasandClassic4.jpg
 
1968 KLH 17 speakers
1976 Superscope R-340 receiver
1984 AR-ES-1 TT with Grado cartridge
1988 Magnavox CDB460 CD player

Steve
 
My office system

Pioneer SA-9100 amp 60 watts

Pioneer TX-9100 Tuner

Samsung HD-850 DVDP

Pioneer HPM-60 Speakers

I do have a timer in the system but never use it except as a clock.

Officesystem002.jpg


In the back you can just barely see a Bose 301 II on the wall. These have been replaced with the HPM-60's. And will soon get a pair of AR-3a's right next to them.

yes the desk has two tops the computers are on the normal level while the stereo and scanners and printers are on the top. the sound has to kind of come up over the desk to get to me. SO that is why the speakers are wall mounted, well that and a total lack of floor space int he office.

Can I have the BOSE speakers?:yes:
 
Back
Top Bottom