• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Mystery Speaker II - Can you guess?

Still defying its proper designation. :sigh:

Promise I won't let it drag on as long as Mystery Speaker number 1 did.

Susurus
 
Still not guessed.

Susurus Brand...ack!:nono:

Hints time...

1974-1975 dates on the drivers. Long-throw woofers in an acoustic suspension cab.

The data sheet says you can use them horizontally or vertically, and spin the logo so it remains upright.

Must have been relatively expensive; certain details like the metal logos, thick fr/rear baffles, metal circular faceplates on the dome drivers, and pull tabs on the grills. Binding posts--when clip-ins were the norm.

Today we wouldn't exactly be impressed by the thin wiring.

This specific model has been mentioned on AK once. Only once.

But the brand name is well known.

Domo arigato,

Susurus
 
I just deleted my first post here, because this thread is making me feel stupid. Why? While I don't recognize those speakers, I DO RECOGNIZE the cloth on the grills as one I've seen and held in my hands before: same color, same threads, same weave. There were a number of companies that had similar coarse weaves back then, but this somewhat purplish-and-grey one is really familiar. Whatever it was on, it was somewhere in my "hunting grounds" (I've never owned it, for sure) and I'll be hanged if I can remember what speakers it was on. Exasperating, like seeing a face you know you've seen before, but cannot place when or where, or remember who the person is. Aaarrgghhh!!! I give up... this hurts my poor, aging brain!
 
Back
Top Bottom