• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Photofacts for a Scott 340B

NYListens

CBGB & OMFUG
Anyone know where I can get a copy of them? For my Fisher 500-S and TA 600, I just bought it on e-bay. I can't find it there for this Scott though.
 
Register to hide this ad
How about a factory service document with schematic? See attachment...

Regards,
Gordon.

That looks like the 340 / 340A but alignment/service info may be applicable. PS section is different; you could check the schematic vs. the 340B from the HHScott.com site for any other differences.
 
That looks like the 340 / 340A but alignment/service info may be applicable. PS section is different; you could check the schematic vs. the 340B from the HHScott.com site for any other differences.

The 340 is tube rectified, I believe. The 340b is ss rectified. Different animal really.
 
If you want the original HH Scott Service Bulletin for the 340B, I have scanned it. I actually have two different versions in PDF format. Sent a PM with your email address and I will be happy to send them to you...
 
Thanks everyone. I would still love to find the photofacts. I like how the photos show the component numbers.
 
Thanks everyone. I would still love to find the photofacts. I like how the photos show the component numbers.

OK, if your model is after Serial 235581 then, as Post #2, try the Sam's website
 
Remember that Sams used their OWN numbering on parts... they won't match the factory schematics...

Anyway Sams didn't do a complete folder on the 340B - they did print a schematic in #1361 (1973).
 
Remember that Sams used their OWN numbering on parts... they won't match the factory schematics...

Anyway Sams didn't do a complete folder on the 340B - they did print a schematic in #1361 (1973).

Oh, well then I should just use the schematic off of the HH Scott website.
 
Remember that Sams used their OWN numbering on parts... they won't match the factory schematics...

Anyway Sams didn't do a complete folder on the 340B - they did print a schematic in #1361 (1973).

Interesting, that's good to know. So 1361 only has a schematic or partial folder for all serial number items? Their website just says a schematic only for before Serial 235581.
 
Ok, I got the unit tonight. Man another freaking tight receiver. In the future, I think I am going to stick with Fisher 500s. I wish I they had made the full photofacts, this is going to be a challenge.
 
Ok, I got the unit tonight. Man another freaking tight receiver. In the future, I think I am going to stick with Fisher 500s. I wish I they had made the full photofacts, this is going to be a challenge.

Just take your time. If you use Orange Drops, it will be tight. However, the yellow axial capacitors sound just fine and are much smaller. I am sure your receiver has the white American Radionics Ceracaps in it. They are almost always leaky. Allowed to run with a leaky coupling capacitor to the output 7591, will result with at least red plates and at worst, a fried Output Transformer. You should at least replace those. You could squeak by without replacing the tone control capacitors if you get impatient. But they should be replace too. The caps are usually less than $1.00 each.

Take your time, don't bend the tube sockets much on the 6U8 or 12AX7. They break easily. You will be rewarded with a wonderful sounding receiver/amplifier. (Can you tell that I am partial to Scott stuff?)
 
I restored/upgraded my 340B it wasn't so bad. The only real tight spots were the caps in the preamp section. I also did a Fisher 400 it's a bit easier but not by much. My 340B was in working order when I bought it. These are great sounding units, it is well worth the effort.
 
Well I have always wanted to try a Scott unit. I have had three different Fisher receivers I have worked on. I have my 500-B and 500-S to listen to. Unfortunately, it and none of the other Fishers have a headphone jack. I sold my TA 600 and was looking for another project. I was thinking about doing a complete overhaul on a 500C or 800C and found this Scott. Since I have two great units, I could be a bit more patient with the restoration. So I am excited to try a Scott and have a headphone jack for my HD-600s. It is a nice looking unit and I have my 500-S (which is my favorite despite its lower power) to listen to while I work on it.
 
I don't know about you guys but here in Baltimore, MD, there is very little to listen to on FM. Yes, I have tube amplifiers, tube tuners and tube receivers but truth be known, I don't listen to FM. I use my Sirius Satellite Radio tuner and my CD player. I also make compilation CDs from my MP3 files on the computer and play them too.

So, may I suggest another option? Get yourself an HH Scott LK-48 or 222C/D amplifier. If you want more power, about 33 watts RMS per channel, get an LK-72 or 299C/D amplifier. They will restore to better than new with the usual replacements done. Plenty of room under the chassis and stunning results when done. I have the entire Scott line, 200, 200B, 222C/D (Don't have a 222 or 222B), 299 (first edition), 299B/C/D, LK-48A/B, LK-72A/B and one LK-35 MPX adapter. I even have the LK-60 amp though I have not tried it yet. And a full line of tuners from LT-10, LT-110, LT-110B, and a 310E (not restored) etc.

Seriously, amps are what we usually use...
 
Back
Top Bottom