• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear

The Army recruiting campaign used to be something like--IIRC "Be All That You Can Be!"

The feline credo has always been "Be Where Your Owners Would Least Like You to Be!"

I remember in the household of my childhood a "Muntz/Concerto" blonde HI-FI POS with a 23" two-picture-IF stage telly planted in the middle that couldn't get jack unless the transmitter was in the back yard. The whole contrivance amounted to a thrilling number of tubes that didn't do **** as for what they were intended. But in winter months the army of cats we had would gladly lie in an immense pile across the pointy knobs if the set be powered up, and the control panel lid lifted, and the panel be warm from myriad tubes underneath.
 
Hi,

I had a Siamese at work who loved Ampex tape recorders. He especially loved 350 decks and 440 series. He even operated them on occasion. He knew Rewind from Play and Fast Forward. Feline remote control. :tresbon:
 
Sansui and the calico cat

IMAGE_00246.jpg
 
This was my former cat (now living with friends). Her favorite place to sleep was on top of my 21" crt computer monitor.

cat_stereo.jpg
 
My cat Lucky doesn't get up on the stereo equipment, he just gets on the laptop keyboard when I am on AK! It's always great seeing member's cat pictures!
 
While I both appreciate cute pics and have a cat I couldnt imagine not having around this thread reminds me how lucky I am have a smart, trainable cat who knows where he does and doesnt belong. Seeing my cat climb my near $10K speakers or sitting on my $5K in amps or on top of my SOTA table isnt cute, it expensive and dangerous for me as I cant afford to make needless repairs.
But boy those pics are cute and cats are awesome, I let my cat sleep in the bed with me so I am sure many would have no part of that so we all play a give and take with are beloved little buddies......and they sure do bring us joy!
 
I let my cat sleep with us.. Ever night when she sees us heading for bed, so goes flying past us and jumps up on the bed, then lays there and rolls around like a dog waiting to be petted.. Usually spends most of the night keeping our feet pinned to one small area..
 
No good pictures to post, as I keep all the good vintage stuff in rooms with doors kept closed to keep the cats out. However, they do inspect - and often try and open - every package I receive and sometimes the outgoing as well. The big boy of the group is 15.5 lbs and he eats shipping cartons like a pitbull going through a pair of shoes.

All three of them also like to help with shipping on the weekends; as soon as I put some packing materials out, they are climbing into the open boxes, burrowing under piles of bubblewrap, biting anything that's crackly etc.

Our HT system is in a common room, and one of the two younger cats likes to lie behind the center channel speaker where it's relatively quiet and nice and warm, as it sits on the shelf just above the Sony ES AVR and below a rear projector LCD TV. The other one has decided that it's a good idea to climb onto my prototype a/d/s/ front surrounds from the fireplace mantle, and from there onto the top of the TV. He knows better though, and as soon as I even start to get up to remove him he jumps off immediately. I may have to use some 2-side tape to make sure he doesn't knock a speaker off the stands in the process, though.

John
 
Yeah, but when you are ready to sell the stuff, no one will buy it cause it's gonna smell like..............er..um, you know what I'm saying.
 
Ours are indoor cats, bathed regularly, and the litter box is scooped twice a day, refilled every other day or so. They don't smell much to start with but in any event aren't allowed around the vintage gear so it's generally fur-free and doesn't smell of anything other than the occasional burnt component or Howard's Feed 'N 'Wax :D

On the other hand, I regularly receive items where either the component, the packaging or both are impregnated with cigarette smoke. Of the two, cats are easier to manage so as to avoid ruining perfectly good equipment!

John
 
Back
Top Bottom