• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear

I've posted these before....
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php




One with the puppy
picture.php
 
I've posted these before....
picture.php

That lookas like my house, but all the cats are variations of black. How do you keep them from killing your grills. I have a pair of sacrificial JBL L-100's with nappy grills in the front room. I would love to put some of my nicer speaks in there, but they would be cat meat within days.
 
3 Cats:
Professior Eli Sprinks Banana Randomizer
Sir Mario Macaroni
Princess Mina Jamey-Ramey Chartreuse Head
 

Attachments

  • P1040086.JPG
    P1040086.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 625
  • P1040089.JPG
    P1040089.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 572
  • P1040500.JPG
    P1040500.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 563
Unfortunately, I don't have video of the cat sitting on the turntable dust cover spinning around trying to catch the record as it spins, but I do have one of stupid batting at the screen saver on the plasma tv. :screwy:
 
Last edited:
Where's the corollary thread?

"Pictures of Audio Gear on Cats"

My two dingbats have just about pulled gear over on themselves a couple of times.

The little darlings...grrrr.
 
I am enjoying these cat pictures.

Did everybody adjust their amp's bias currents to keep the temperature out of the "it's comfortable to pee" range?
 
That lookas like my house, but all the cats are variations of black. How do you keep them from killing your grills. I have a pair of sacrificial JBL L-100's with nappy grills in the front room. I would love to put some of my nicer speaks in there, but they would be cat meat within days.

As I think about it, in 32 years of owning gear, I've never lost a grill to a cat. I suppose thats odd. My two big pair of Ohm's have no grills, but my Altec's, Utah's, Lafayettes, VM's and CSW's all placed in harms way, haven't been.

electronjohn and I pm'd back and forth about this yesterday, I had one large dog who'd tip my top heavy Ohm SCT's by thinking she could walk behind them and dented up the tops. Other than that, no pet damage ever.

They ignore the gear unless it's on. Everyone is spayed and neutered (except me).
 
As Holst said, cats are relatively trouble-free around audio. Nice decorative touch as well. 2 of our 3 are fully clawed and don't even mess with the furniture. A good scratching outlet is important. The best ( and cheapest) I've found so far ran about $8 at Target. It's a box about 10X15" with strips of corrugated cardboard packed in on end. Comes complete with a bag of catnip to dust over it. Kitty claws and the corrugations are a perfect match...even Sashi (sans front claws) enjoys it. And, when they wear it down, you can extract the cardboard liner, flip it over, and start fresh. Rear claws are important...they need the extra traction when blasting up the stairs during one of their endless kitty chases. But...at the top of the stairs they hit the laminate floor and it's spinout time.
 
Unfortunately, I don't have video of the cat sitting on the turntable dust cover spinning around trying to catch the record as it spins, but I do have one of stupid batting at the screen saver on the plasma tv. :screwy:



Mine likes to chase the needles on my MC501s! Good thing the faceplate is glass and not plastic ...or it would look like my acrylic fish tank :sigh:
 
Saw an ad for a Garage sale (that had Audio/HT) in a nice development in town and got there a little after it opened - a guy was standing by 2 big subs and some other pieces and I walked up and he said "they wont go down in price"...I looked at the amp and it was a Parasound HCA2200II in fantastic condition for $75 and the two bigs subs were a Velodyne f1500 and a Paradigm servo 15 both for $50 (each) I quickly asked who was selling the 3 pieces and I'd buy them - I have the Parasound playing now - its 250w into 8 and is working flawlessly -I brought the subs in and of course who has to check them out....the 1 year old birthday boy today - he a Polydactyl (sp) Hemingway cat - he has 6 toes on his front claws
 

Attachments

  • 11111.jpg
    11111.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 599
Saw an ad for a Garage sale (that had Audio/HT) in a nice development in town and got there a little after it opened - a guy was standing by 2 big subs and some other pieces and I walked up and he said "they wont go down in price"...I looked at the amp and it was a Parasound HCA2200II in fantastic condition for $75 and the two bigs subs were a Velodyne f1500 and a Paradigm servo 15 both for $50 (each) I quickly asked who was selling the 3 pieces and I'd buy them - I have the Parasound playing now - its 250w into 8 and is working flawlessly -I brought the subs in and of course who has to check them out....the 1 year old birthday boy today - he a Polydactyl (sp) Hemingway cat - he has 6 toes on his front claws


You got a great deal on that gear. I'd sure like another Servo 15 to compliment the one I already have, especially at $50.

I'll be in Florida at the beginning of March...hint...hint....
 
Bull on one of my OLA's. He needs a solid place to lay. He weighs close to 16 lbs.

3049925183_ee0ec38188.jpg


And my new kitten Graycie with some of my Pioneer gear.

3049925313_37126e587b_o.jpg
 
I let my cat sleep with us.. Ever night when she sees us heading for bed, so goes flying past us and jumps up on the bed, then lays there and rolls around like a dog waiting to be petted.. Usually spends most of the night keeping our feet pinned to one small area..

Typing about cats in bed..when wifemate had knee replacement surgery, at least 4 of our cats kept her company.."purring her well" 2 along each side of her, for each surgery, a year apart.

They don't claw the speaker grills, but do like to sit along side them. My little tortoiseshell cat sits on my lap when I play light (soft) classical, but retires to the far corner for the more "fortissimo" pieces.
 
Back
Top Bottom