• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Please Post your Infinity speakers

How do you like them and what other models have you compared them to?

i like them quite a bit even if they are 20 years old
well i guess they sound like a set of pioneers i had in school and my roommate had a set of jbls that sound similar.
the jbl set had more separation than these. these fill the room more.
 
This thread needs some new life.

I picked up way too many speakers during the pandemic, currently I am using RS 4.5 for the mains and RS 2.5 for surrounds.

I also have a set of Kappa 9's, a ServoStatik, and some smaller ones like Qb, Qe, K6, K200, WTLC, and POS II.
 
I picked up way too many speakers during the pandemic, currently I am using RS 4.5 for the mains and RS 2.5 for surrounds.
The RS4.5 is a pretty rare bird, yet I swear we have loads of members who own a set. I wonder how many RS4.5 owners are AK members.
 
I've picked up and restored several sets of Infinity Qe... for general purpose use. Those EMITs make them sound so much better than any other "simple" or "small" speaker I might use... in office or other non-critical-listening room.

There is a pretty cool thread, RSb reincarnated, that has me working on a plan to make something similar or maybe even a RS-II mini me version.
 
This thread needs some new life.

I picked up way too many speakers during the pandemic, currently I am using RS 4.5 for the mains and RS 2.5 for surrounds.

I also have a set of Kappa 9's, a ServoStatik, and some smaller ones like Qb, Qe, K6, K200, WTLC, and POS II.
Agreed, got some pics?
 
Just a plain old (purchased open box from Crutchfield in the early 2000s) pair of Primus III installed on dedicated shelfs separated by nearly 20 ft. in my car garage`s long wall with a passive 12` dual VC floor firing subwoofer below each one of them, and powered by a 100 watt per channel Sony receiver.

Sounds very good for what they are and where their used.
 
Couple more. The are so sweet. Still remember first time I listened to them in the 90's, still get goosebumps
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6016.jpg
    IMG_6016.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 970DDF4F-586D-46AD-8844-4C322AEDE6D9.JPG
    970DDF4F-586D-46AD-8844-4C322AEDE6D9.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 50
Infinity Alpha 50

They don't get much critical love but I like them. (Modified crossover with tweeter replaced.)

That's whats important. Some speakers measure great and "read" great but if the sound is not to your liking its just numbers on a paper.

I play a game with a set of Cambridge Ensemble I have in my room (next to the LF towers of the Beta). They run on a digitally optimized eq setting with an AV receiver. After listening to the complete Amused to Death album, my friend has complimented their sound thinking he was listening to the Betas.

What is the triangular speaker to the right of the Infinity?
 
The triangle speakers are home made creations for home theater setup. No coffee cup stains!
Wanted a mid forward design for voicing. L pad is underneath.. The woofer on the side do help musically, as well.
There is a sub in that setup for LFEs.
 
Back
Top Bottom