• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Prices.... Going Up!!!

The weight loss market is worth billions. If this is all you had to do was swig a couple spoons of oil, don't you think people would be all over it.

I'm not bashing coconut oil or any other oil. Just saying do your research before consuming. That goes for anything. A dozen years ago people were lining up and paying $25 a quart for MonaVie acai berry juice because it was deemed to be a superfood. People bough and consumed the stuff and suggested it cured all that ailed them. Turns out, it was a pyramid scheme type of product and the benefits were no greater than other berries that were high in anti oxidents.
I agree that there are many natural products that are over hyped (I'm so sick of the infomercials). However, the vast majority of them do absolutely no harm. Whereas, over the years, the FDA has approved many phamaceuticals that have killed thousands, and the attorneys are now making billions from.
 
And our sainted Bill Gates had quietly been buying up farmland to the point where he now is the biggest owner of farmland in the US. All in the name of philanthropy of course! :bowdown:

How an idea-thieving little worm like him became some sort of ambassador for health is beyond me.

My father worked for Xerox during the early 70's to mid 80's, a time when they were the Apple of their day, inventing countless cool things. Dad used to tell me that Bill had stolen many of his ideas from them.

Being young and stupid (which aren't necessarily guaranteed, but in my case, yeah) I didn't believe him.

I'm believing you now, Dad. RIP.
 
How an idea-thieving little worm like him became some sort of ambassador for health is beyond me.

My father worked for Xerox during the early 70's to mid 80's, a time when they were the Apple of their day, inventing countless cool things. Dad used to tell me that Bill had stolen many of his ideas from them.

Being young and stupid (which aren't necessarily guaranteed, but in my case, yeah) I didn't believe him.

I'm believing you now, Dad. RIP.
I hear you my friend... 'How an idea-thieving (a kind thing to say) little worm (another kind thing to say) like him became some sort of ambassador for health is beyond me.' ... beyond, understood, that's what makes it a subject worthy of study. Truth is stranger than fiction, always. He directly controls one of the major 'fact checking' sources, just the tip of the iceberg. There is history there. This... it.. cannot be exaggerated. Salute to your dad...
 
I read an article from a trusted source that says some gas stations may run out of gas this summer. It won't be from the lack of gas but the lack of drivers to make deliveries. When you pay people more money to stay home rather than work then a lot of them are going to stay home. I don't have a crystal ball but I have a hunch that gas prices will continue rising rapidly.
 
How an idea-thieving little worm like him became some sort of ambassador for health is beyond me.
Its called big bucks.. Since "retiring" from MS 20 years ago to help feed and shelter the worlds less fortunate, he has somehow managed to nearly double his fortune. He has this image of a kind and gentle man out to give away his fortune and do the world good. WELL, 20 years later I am having a hard time swallowing that bit of PR..
 
Back on topic. Food prices are increasing rapidly. This correlates directly with fuel costs. Buckle you seat belts. We're in for a death ride.
I do grocery shopping every 2 weeks on average. The last two trips cost me about $100 more each compared to previous runs. Not a good sign....
(I like Pepperidge Farm bread, it`s been 2 for $5 for at least a year, now @ $4 per loaf....)
 
Last edited:
Its called big bucks.. Since "retiring" from MS 20 years ago to help feed and shelter the worlds less fortunate, he has somehow managed to nearly double his fortune. He has this image of a kind and gentle man out to give away his fortune and do the world good. WELL, 20 years later I am having a hard time swallowing that bit of PR..
He has made billions since the covid stuff. Big bucks yes but it's so much more than that.... It's kind of amusing in an unfunny sort of way that follow the money is not acceptable for affairs like this even though it is suitable. Patents too... On the other hand he might be an altruist fellow doing his part for the good of the Earth and it's population and his trebled wealth is merely an unintended consequence of good works. I guess to know one would have to look into it and draw their own conclusions.
 
He has made billions since the covid stuff. Big bucks yes but it's so much more than that.... It's kind of amusing in an unfunny sort of way that follow the money is not acceptable for affairs like this even though it is suitable. Patents too... On the other hand he might be an altruist fellow doing his part for the good of the Earth and it's population and his trebled wealth is merely an unintended consequence of good works. I guess to know one would have to look into it and draw their own conclusions.
I have thought this as well. He has often said in his Ted Talks that the population of the earth must be reduced, and by itself I can't find fault with that. But to what end? My plan is to run (not walk) in the complete opposite direction from these types of people and their futuristic visions
 
Last edited:
I read an article from a trusted source that says some gas stations may run out of gas this summer. It won't be from the lack of gas but the lack of drivers to make deliveries. When you pay people more money to stay home rather than work then a lot of them are going to stay home. I don't have a crystal ball but I have a hunch that gas prices will continue rising rapidly.

It's the early ... and late ... 1970s all over again.
 
I read an article from a trusted source that says some gas stations may run out of gas this summer. It won't be from the lack of gas but the lack of drivers to make deliveries. When you pay people more money to stay home rather than work then a lot of them are going to stay home. I don't have a crystal ball but I have a hunch that gas prices will continue rising rapidly.
Hazmat drivers make pretty good money (at least around here). I doubt that unemployment (even with the added government bonus) would come close to what they normally make. I think that increased regulations, drilling restrictions, etc. would have more of an effect on price. :dunno:
 
Hazmat drivers make pretty good money (at least around here). I doubt that unemployment (even with the added government bonus) would come close to what they normally make. I think that increased regulations, drilling restrictions, etc. would have more of an effect on price. :dunno:

Some are saying the the drivers left last year because there wasn't enough work for them. If that's the only reason that they left then I'm sure they'd be able to return to the same job if there is a shortage of drivers since they're already qualified. Why wouldn't they want to return? I do think that the regulations have a bearing on the price also.

gas stations running out of gas 2020 at DuckDuckGo
 
Some are saying the the drivers left last year because there wasn't enough work for them. If that's the only reason that they left then I'm sure they'd be able to return to the same job if there is a shortage of drivers since they're already qualified. Why wouldn't they want to return? I do think that the regulations have a bearing on the price also.

gas stations running out of gas 2020 at DuckDuckGo
You are correct. There is a shortage of drivers. There may be a few that would prefer to collect unemployment rather than earn much more working full time. However, it's the other factors that are contributing to the shortage.
https://abc7.com/gas-shortages-why-are-prices-so-high-crude-oil-shortage-gasoline/10555914/
 
local news station here posted same thing I saw on FB. A whole bunch of drivers said not true and they are actually slow and many are not getting 40 hrs (they still get paid anyway) Gas sales are still down and stations where they would regularly deliver twice in on day only use one.
 
Gas Prices.
Multiple Choice, choose one or more:

1. Switching from Winter to Summer blend.
2. Switching from Summer to Winter blend.
3. Bad weather in (fill in the blank)- Refinery offline.
4. Mideast decreasing production
5. Mideast increasing production
6. Holiday coming up, anticipated increased consumption.
7. People travelling more.
8. People travelling less.
9. Delivery problems
10. --------------------------------------------In your own words, make up a story. Do NOT use the Wizard of OZ behind the curtain pulling levers.
 
Coconut oil is one of the best cooking oils because it has a very high smoking point so carcinogens are not created when it reaches high cooking temperatures like other vegetable oils. I have seen many people get amazing weight loss results, and for body builders reduced body fat levels allowing more cut and defined muscle. When used as a dietary supplement in therapeutic doses (2+ tablespoons daily) MCT oils like coconut/palm oil, will increase a person's basal metabolic rate which means you will burn more calories in a resting state. I have personally seen these results replicated many times. Example: One gentlemen came into the store appearing fit enough and not looking overweight but he told me he had lost 40 pounds in 3 months and the only thing he changed in his routine was to take a tablespoon of MCT oil every morning and evening. I have dozens of body builders that have had fantastic results using MCT oils to reduce body fat and get cut defined muscles for competition.

I've gone back and forth on coconut oil (not sure what to make of health claims for or against), use it now only in popcorn.

We've been using avocado oil for all cooking -- smoke point is 520 F, so it "smokes" (pun not avoidable :)) everything else. Anything fried with avocado oil comes out amazing -- it seems like it absorbs almost no oil at all. I rarely eat anything fried, but when avocado oil is used I don't feel guilty at all because it seems like it was air fried.

We recently started having a tablespoon of olive oil a day -- seems to help joints and is supposed to be great for skin. The coconut oil spoonful sounds interesting as well. I have no idea how taking olive and coconut oil daiuly would compare.
 
Back
Top Bottom