• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

R.I.P. Johnny Winter

Register to hide this ad
I will never forget the "Rockpalast" concert in Germany in 1979. It was 2 a.m. and I was 16 years old when I watched the concert in the living room of my parents on TV.
 

Attachments

  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
:tears:amazing guitarist song writer, singer!!!!!!!! rest in peace. youll be missed but never forgotten!!!!!!!!!!!! :tears::sigh:
 
Johnny will be sadly missed. One of a kind. :tears:

R.I.P. Johnny.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/music/chi-johnny-winter-dead-0140717,0,3504630.story

JohnnyWintersand-live2.jpg
 
Wow...Johnny was one of the first guys I listened to that introduced me to rock and roll and the blues. Saw him twice in the mid to late 80's. He will be missed.
 
RIP Johnny your music will live...


Faster and faster we will be losing some of the greatest artist..
 
Missed the chance to hear him last year here in Des Moines. Aaaugh! He's one of the greats, and that's too young to go.
 
He really was THE MAN back in the early 70's. I saw him a few times and he really tore up Dylan's Highway 61. RIP
 
Last edited:
Oh man, not another one gone. I'm so sad. The 1st time I saw him was in the early 70's in a 500 seat movie theater in downtown Long Beach. I was completely blown away. Saw him again with Edgar in the mid 70's at Anaheim Stadium. I can't remember if it was on the Stones or ZZ top tour, probably ZZ. I was so young and unschooled then I didn't even know he was playing blues. Thanks for all the great music and memories Johnny.
 
so sorry to hear the news. Hope Johnny will be relaxing and playing 'to much Seconal" in heaven with his friends!
RIP Johnny Winter.
 
I saw him years ago at the Hollywood Palladium. He was probably the loudest music act I have seen.
His 'Progressive Blues Experiment" album is still one of my favorites of all time.
I bought the blu ray version of Woodstock with additional footage, including CCR, Mountain, and Johnny Winter among others. He was playing a Fender 12 string Coronado with just 6 strings. Sounded great.
 
Back
Top Bottom