• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Really big speaker ID

I'd start looking at Canadian manufacturers first.

If this is correct, Marsland Engineering closed in 1969, and those drivers look newer than that. The silver decals would indicate at least mid-1970s to me.

ETA: OK, looks like they sold the company in 1969 to Leigh Engineering, which went out of business in in 1990.
 
Last edited:
Not bad, it only took about 7 posts for someone to suggest home built... very surprised it hasn't been dragged through the "white van" mud yet.

All joking aside, they do look a little familiar, and certainly qualify as a score at THAT price! I think someone will nail this one down soon, and I'm looking forward to finding out more.
When I get back in town, I'll see if I can find a match in old Audio equipment guides. Skimming for speakers with 4 tweeters, 2 mids, and 2 woofers should scare up some suspects.

Got a love the hunt!
 
You probably hit pay dirt, pay rock, pay-ola, all kinds of pay ya!! Nice drivers- you are in like shwin. Good luck on the rebuild- I think they may well be a great thang! Now get busy and give us some results..........
Standing by
DC
 
I don't know anything about them, but that cabinet design says "expensive." Someone put a lot of effort into making them sound good, or at least look good.
 
Terrific find! I would have grabbed them too!
Let's see some crossover pics. Those 10 or 12 inch woofers? Either yay, they look like they are well made and should sound great!

Glenn
 
Those look impressive to me, and expensive. Like Glenn, I'd like to see a quick pic of the crossover?

Either way, would love to hear your impression once they're repaired.

Congrats.
 
For $26 the worst case scenario is you have a really cool set of stands for a pair of small speakers, i would have bought them too !!!
 
Yes, nice find ... I wonder what the crossover looks like.
Will post pics of crossover upon disassembly when I refoam the speaker. That will be soon as All drivers work. So im going to order a batch of foam and dust caps tomorrow
 
I dont know what the hell I bought but I know for a fact my entire man cave is going to have to be rearranged just for these. Why did i buy these??
-My test facility
20160314_190110.jpg


To think that with these big cabinets they would put binding posts

20160314_190132.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom