• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Record Day special releases

Went to 2 record stores and got the following:

Pink Floyd - London 66/67 12"
Beth Ditto - EP 12"
Daft Punk - Tron soundtrack (cool looking 10")
The Doors - Riders of the Storm 7"
Phish - 2 Soundchecks 7"
Peter Tosh - Leagalize It 7"

All set to enjoy them.
 
Just got back from the NYC:
The Gorillaz:The Fall on now, sounds GREAT but some surface noise from time to time
Bob Dylan in Concert: Brandeis University 1963, HQ 180 gram
Miles Davis: Kind of Blue, HQ 180 gram
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, white vinyl 2k run
Lady Gaga: Born This Way, picture disk 5k run
Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
The Beach Boys, 78 r.p.m. mono
The Jimi Hendrix Experience: Fire/Touch You
 
Great band who never got the appreciation they should have. You probably have heard a cover of one of their songs "In the Street" on "That 70's Show" Alex Chilton the lead singer was also in the band "The Box Tops" One of my favorits Big Star songs is "Thirteen" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pte3Jg-2Ax4

The letter by The Box tops...TRACK!

Well I tried three stores in Kansas City area, Renaissance vinyl(new store just opened today...was mental.......lost a button on my favorite jacket in the melee !.....could not get to the racks so gave up) then grabbed a few of the freebees on the way out
Then hit their other store...all sold out of record store day stuff :(

So for my last shot I hit "vintage stock"......no one there....I went through the racks at leisure....I know it someone was there grabbing stuff i would of picked way much more things. So I went from a ton of stuff but decided on the beachboys good vibes on 78rpm 10" and hendrix fire 7".....
Everythign else went back....I told myself ...your blowing your turntable money on vinyl that you cant play!

I am happy with my purchases though.

All tables I saw were all way over priced....:(
 
I circled back to Back Door Records this afternoon and picked up the 7" by The Civil Wars, noticed it was produced by Charlie Peacock, correctly guessed it was a Leonard Cohen cover, and bought it. A side is "Dance Me to the End of Love" and the B side is "I Want You Back" (Jackson 5). It is spinning right now, and I'm glad I took the chance.
 
Just an FYI guys, some of the albums I see listed here are just "RSD early releases"

So basically, they will be on the market in a few weeks if you have the patience to wait. The list is on the RSD site.
 
That Tron Daft Punk Soundtrack looks wicked!

Wow! I didnt see these releases before, but I kinda want one of these discs.

Record+Store+Day+Exclusive+TRON+Legacy+Translucence+Identity+Disc+Vinyl+Record+by+Daft+Punk.jpg



I got some gifts yesterday (no special releases) which came in this bag;

picture.php
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom