• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Record Store Day: Black Friday 2012 releases

Madcity music exchange in Madison wi, does it much nicer owner than strictly.
I go to culture shock in Rockford, Illinois, they will go through the stuff they have nothing left that night. Well nothing of the desirable picks. Some hipsters there but I would say its 3 to 1 true music nuts to them. Most of the people I have seen over many years at various stores.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up.

One more store in WI to mention. Fox Music Company in Watertown. Outstanding selection. Very good prices.

Thanks for the mention of Mad City Music Exchange - I've did not know they existed.
 
Madcity music exchange in Madison wi, does it much nicer owner than strictly.

They are another store I head to on my pilgramages to Madtown. I didn't know they were involved with RSD, but I agree about the nice folks there.

The last time I was there, they had tripled the number of LPs. Prices had gone up a bit, not too drastically, but I used to be able to find some nice ones there for about $4, and now they are like $6.


.
 
They are another store I head to on my pilgramages to Madtown. I didn't know they were involved with RSD, but I agree about the nice folks there.

The last time I was there, they had tripled the number of LPs. Prices had gone up a bit, not too drastically, but I used to be able to find some nice ones there for about $4, and now they are like $6.


.


I actually have been in this store, it's on Willy St! It was a cool place, pretty good vinyl selection. They were also rocking some L100s.

However, I thought their prices were a little high IMO. They also had political affiliation signage in their windows, which leads me to not shop there again.
 
I actually have been in this store, it's on Willy St! It was a cool place, pretty good vinyl selection. They were also rocking some L100s.

However, I thought their prices were a little high IMO. They also had political affiliation signage in their windows, which leads me to not shop there again.

That's the place. Political signs? In Madison? I don't believe it... :D
 
That's the place. Political signs? In Madison? I don't believe it... :D

I know!

I also lived closer to Strictly Discs. That place always made my girlfriend sneeze. Too dusty or something.

I do agree it had a old vinyl fragrance to it!:D
 
I always thought that was a foolish thing for a business owner to do.

Yep. It goes sharply against "the customer is always right".

I don't mind companies who give donations, etc (because you have to look that up), but when your displaying your beliefs right in my face as I walk into the store; that bugs me. As a business owner, it doesn't matter what you think or feel, the customer is always right.
 
I actually have been in this store, it's on Willy St! It was a cool place, pretty good vinyl selection. They were also rocking some L100s.

However, I thought their prices were a little high IMO. They also had political affiliation signage in their windows, which leads me to not shop there again.

Yep, I figure if I don't have the same views, then I'm not welcome there.
 
I pre-ordered mine through my local (one and only) record shop. Got them last Friday, picked up Incubus - Make Yourself, Incubus - Crow left of the Murder, Nirvana - Incesticide 45rpm, Miles Davis - Sketches of Spain Mono, and Velvet Underground - Scepter Studios Acetate. I have cracked and listened to both of the Incubus and the Sketches, all were in great shape sound pretty good to me.
 
I always thought that was a foolish thing for a business owner to do.

I've always been amazed at the hubris involved in this. It's either an assumption that anybody who shops at their business must be like-minded, or a conscious desire to eliminate 50% of their customer base. Seems pretty dumb either way.
 
I pre-ordered mine through my local (one and only) record shop. Got them last Friday, picked up Incubus - Make Yourself, Incubus - Crow left of the Murder, Nirvana - Incesticide 45rpm, Miles Davis - Sketches of Spain Mono, and Velvet Underground - Scepter Studios Acetate. I have cracked and listened to both of the Incubus and the Sketches, all were in great shape sound pretty good to me.

That is a big no no if the RSD people find out they won't be participating next year. Only supposed to sell on the day in the store, they sign a contract to state that.
 
Back
Top Bottom