• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Record Store Day: Black Friday 2012 releases

Register to hide this ad
This one sounds very interesting:

Velvet Underground

Velvet Underground & Nico - Scepter Studios Acetate

DETAILS
Format: LP
Label: UMe
Release type: RSD Exclusive Release
More Info:

The rare April 1966 Scepter Studios recordings captured on acetate featuring early, alternate versions of songs later issued on The Velvet Underground & Nico available now for the first time ever on 180g vinyl, gold foil stamped with individual number
 
Thanks (as usual) for the heads up spartanmanor!

That VU release does sound interesting... I'm not sure what to expect quality-wise though.

I'm looking forward to the Dr. Dog EP on this list. I have really enjoyed all of the albums from this Philly-based band, but I think they improve with each release. EDIT: Just heard the whole EP on soundcloud... I don't think it's quite as good as the last LP, but I'm still going to pick up the vinyl record when it comes out.
 
Last edited:
My Local Record Store owner gave me the heads-up on this. He says the small shops will have these prior to the big retailers getting them. I plan to pick up some of the Miles Davis releases.
 
There are a few on the list I wouldn't mind having if I can get back in town soon enough after Thanksgiving with my family.
 
Wait, are those Incubus albums coming out on Black Friday? I take it that everything on that list is coming out?
 
My guy tells me these will NOT be limited release so there is no need to get up early.

Even better! I think we are heading back to Wisconsin for Thanksgiving, so I'll have to figure out which record store we will be near.

I'm not concerned about anything special or limited edition, I just want the album. I just don't want to pay the ~$100-200 that Morning View brings on eBay right now. :sigh:
 
So you

cant order these online? Have to go to a store. Have no idea where the closest one would even be to me. Not really any record stores close. There is a store in Tulsa I go to but not this type. Nirvana looked like a good one.
 
cant order these online? Have to go to a store. Have no idea where the closest one would even be to me. Not really any record stores close. There is a store in Tulsa I go to but not this type. Nirvana looked like a good one.

The Record Store Day phone app will show you where the nearest store is.
 
You cannot pre order or buy before that day. Stores have no idea what they are getting, they can request items but might not get them. If a store pre sells or does pre orders they will lose their chance to participate in the future. You have to go to the physical store to purchase no online sales. EBay of course afterwards as the flippers try to get as many as they can. The idea is for you to support the local record store to keep them around. Each store has to sign a contract of sorts to state you will only sell that day in your store no online pre sells, no day before for your buddies, etc. My good friend owns a record store and I go to both events each year. He has lost friends over not breaking the rules and guaranteeing them a copy. My opinion is they weren't friends to begin with, good riddance.
 
Back
Top Bottom