• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Show us the first record you ever owned.

The first I ever bought was back in the 70's and it was "Paranoid" by Black Sabbath, I have bought hundreds of records since then BUT the last one I bought was "13" by Black Sabbath.
Both of these had the same crew and both made it to number one on the charts, and only 42 years between them.
Sorry no pictures.
 
The first album I purchased was "Teaser and The Firecat" by Cat Stevens. He was and still is one of my favorite artists.
This wonderful chunk of vinyl was played for years on a 10" BSR with ceramic cartridge, and it still sounds great on my Dual 1219.
 
the soundtrack from On Any Sunday. My favorite movie as a child and still my favorite movie now.

this was the first record i ever spun when i hooked up my grandmothers Technics SL-D2 when i was probably around ten years old. Im 25 now. the first record i bought was probably some Herb Alpert from a thrift store, i dont remember.
on-_any_sunday-ost-1.jpg

some killer funk on this record.
 
My first LP was Steppenwolf's self titled album. Had a silver cover and some verbiage on the cover that said "Includes the Smash Hit Born to be Wild". Got it in 1969 I think. I was around 10 or 11 years old and bought it at the local Woolworth store with money I made mowing lawns. Loved that record and i used to play it all the time on an old GE fold open record player my parents gave me. Still have the LP but bought another copy of it in the early 80's that had a cover in much better shape.

My first 45 was the Beatles Come Together on the Apple label in the black sleeve. These are what got me started in collecting music and I haven't stopped since.

My second LP was the Beatles Hey Jude album. This was also on the Apple label and I still have it too.
 
Grin. (Nils Lofgren's band)

It took me years to figure out who did "See What A Love Can Do". I used to hear it on progressive FM radio back in the early 70's but they never announced the song title or the artist. I had no idea who it was until about 30 years later when I heard it on an obscure little college station and they announced that it was "See What A Love Can Do" by Grin. Ran out and bought the record the next day, love it! :yes:
 
Last edited:
Kiss - Rock and Roll Over was the first then Destroyer and then Alive I. Still have them all, but they were treated very badly (didn't know any better) and are in poor shape now.
 
Finally got my first one few minutes ago, should be in the mail by Monday. Hope to have it by end of the week! Yomanda - Synth & Strings
 
Boston, self titled Lp. It went platinum 17x's. Back in those days if you listened to rock you probably had that one. Still one of my favorites.
 
Audiojones- Grin was also the first live show I ever saw at age 14. $1 ticket at the Wheaton Youth Center. Every once in a while Nils comes home to the DC area and plays some shows with his brother. They always are full of old Grin tunes. Sadly he doesn't do the mini trampoline flips as he's playing anymore.
60 year old knees I guess.
 
I remember it was some soundtrack for a movie, like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Marry Poppins, Oliver, Dr. DoLittle. Mid to late sixties. Played them on my TOTL red Close 'n Play.

S.J.
 
Other than songs for kids that my parents bought, my first was The Royal Guardsmen - Snoopy vs The Red Baron

Still have it :D

$(KGrHqN,!qMFERq2FpHuBRMOd708kw~~60_57.JPG

I Had that record! It was the first that was actually "mine" but the first ones I bought for myself (well, Mom bought em, I picked em out) were

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
Beatles - Sgt Pepper
 
Back
Top Bottom