• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Show us the first record you ever owned.

First LP I purchased as a young kid... Jackson Five ABC... still have it... don't think I've played it since I was a young kid.
 
Same here...From '66, I was 10Yrs. Old and bought it with my 50 Cent/ Week Allowance...
And, I still Like Them...

attachment.php

If that's your actual LP and not an image grabbed off the web, you have an absolute first pressing. "Papa Gene's Blues" is incorrectly spelled "Jean's" on the cover and label. Those early pressings are not very common, especially in decent condition.

The LP was quickly reissued with correct spelling, and "RE" was added to the catalog number:

0032.JPG
 
The first album I bought was Bob and Doug McKenzie - Great White North, my favorite comedy album. That was 3 months ago.
My mother still has here first album, Chipmunk Punk.
 
I think the first album I bought was Black Sabbath from a neighbor, for a buck. I still have it, I still play it, I still love it.
 
As a little kid - (45) "Alley Cat" ... played on a fold-out record player with speakers

As a teen - (LP) K-Tel "Rock 80" ... played on an old "Airline" console stereo (Monkey Wards?)
 
I wish I could show the first record I owned, which was a 45 of Brenda Lee's "I'm Sorry." Alas, it's long departed. The oldest record I currently own (not in age but in length of ownership) is an LP of "High Tides and Green Grass" by the Rolling Stones.
 

Attachments

  • th.jpeg
    th.jpeg
    15 KB · Views: 5
I was 18 and in the service before I bought my first album. Far from home, in Witchita Falls, Texas. At Skaggs-Albertson. The cover shows the wear, but I still own it. :thmbsp:

 
I would LOVE to have Badfinger on Vinyl!! All I have is "Come & Get It" on 45.

"Straight Up" is the one to get, IMO. I was lucky enough to get it for my 9th birthday. My second fave would be "Badfinger" (first WB album), third would be "Wish You Were Here". "Ass" is great but poorly mastered/recorded... a lot of overmodulation. "No Dice"...spotty. "Magic Christian Music"... I dunno, not exactly my cup of tea though it has some charming moments.

There was a time when "Straight Up" on vinyl was impossible to get. Through the miracle of Ebay, not so much now.
 
Back
Top Bottom