• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Show us the first record you ever owned.

The Beatles - 45 rpm - She Loves You b/w I'll Get You Swan Label $0.29. I was 8 years old, I hid it from my parents and was afraid to let them know I had spent so much $$ on a record. When they found out they said, Oh so you like music. They thought The Beatles were ok too. After that, all was well with the world......and still is!
 
45s..no idea! Just had too many..but Deep Purples Machine head was my first LP..It was left in a cabin up in Canada that our family rented for years.Not sure why the family before us had left it since the cabin had no electricity! And my love of Rock music was born...:music:
 
There were at least two.

Albums-the-60s-677228_640_641.jpg



mamasandpapaspapasandmamas6sd.jpg
 
Being one of them thar old farts, I think it was the 45 Stick With Me Baby by the Everly Brothers. Still got it too!
 
I traded for a used copy of Grand Funk Live back in '72. First new one was a 45 of Faron Young singing 'Wine Me Up'. First new LP I bought was Gentle Giant's debut album.
 
I honestly don't remember. Wow. Maybe "The Cars" debut album? Not sure that is a fair assessment though cause us kids had been trading cassettes for a long time before that as poor students.
 
Summer of '62. The Limeliters, Thru Children's Eye's. We wore that LP out in 2 years. Found the CD 10 years ago. Then Buglegirl gave me a VG+ copy last year. With Liner Sheets. I made Cassette's for my Brother and Sisters. Now their kids are wearing out the tapes.

Larry
 
Dr. Seuss Presents Bartholomew and the Oobleck and Other Stories. Present for my fifth birthday.
 
Back
Top Bottom