• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Show us your DIY speaker projects!

Yes sir just used more bracing ....might do a open baffle in spring....been away from ak for awhile allways love your posts Poultrygeist...
 
Last edited:
They are done. veneer when the weather warms up.
I'll build the grill frames soon.
they have been playing for a couple hours
and i think they sound real good. the basement
is not ideal for listening. they will sound better in the living room
Eminence alpha 15 woofs
Dayton 6.5" mids
Dayton 1 1/8" silk dome tweet
crossed at 470/3760
100_5840.JPG
 
Found a Cambridge bass cube 10 for $10 at goodwill. Designed a transmission line with a plexiglass side to teach high school students.
 

Attachments

  • 679528AF-462B-45AB-8D14-A9665C27A9C2.jpeg
    679528AF-462B-45AB-8D14-A9665C27A9C2.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 66
  • FB98485F-440C-469E-A752-C89FBF821DD2.jpeg
    FB98485F-440C-469E-A752-C89FBF821DD2.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 68
  • ECBD1EC6-E837-4E3F-96B1-32C859CF1142.jpeg
    ECBD1EC6-E837-4E3F-96B1-32C859CF1142.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 69
I like the "corner" top terminal!

How did you attach the Plexiglass to the side?

I used a clear "construction adhesive" Locktite makes. Really it's just a very thick silicone, but I glued a test piece together with it, and given a true 24 hours to cure, it is quite solid. It does have some flex (as it's silicone) but that might be a decent vibration dampener for the acrylic. poured sand in the corner pieces too, except the top back one for the speaker wire terminal. Box tuned to the speaker's Fs of 33 Hz. Port is 102 3/4"
 
Regular Liquid Nails construction adhesive would probably work just fine. Hindsight I'd probably just get that as it's easier to use the caulking gun.
 
They are done. veneer when the weather warms up.
I'll build the grill frames soon.
they have been playing for a couple hours
and i think they sound real good. the basement
is not ideal for listening. they will sound better in the living room
Eminence alpha 15 woofs
Dayton 6.5" mids
Dayton 1 1/8" silk dome tweet
crossed at 470/3760
View attachment 2120186

When I was in my teens, they used to sell a stereo here called a Kriesler Custom 15 it had 15" woofers, it was my dream system, a friend had one at his house, the bass would shake the crockery in the crockery cabinet. Seeing your speakers takes me back to those days, 70's rock fan is a more than suitable name. Let us know how they sound in the living room, a Youtube video would be fantastic if possible.
 
Last edited:
When I was in my teens, they used to sell a stereo here called a Kriesler Custom 15 it had 15" woofers, it was my dream system, a friend had one at his house, the bass would shake the crockery in the crockery cabinet. Seeing your speakers takes me back to those days, 70's rock fan is a more than suitable name. Let us know how they sound in the living room, a Youtube video would be fantastic if possible.

A very good friend of mine opened a little custom
speaker shop in 1978. we did not have any kind of
stereo shop in the area. the closest one was 50 miles away.
I bought the first 4 speakers he built and still have them.
he passed away 3 years ago and i built these in his memory.
when i get these done I will update with pics and video.
here's a pic of one of the originals.
100_6139 (2).JPG
 
8ft. tall Line Array speakers
RfgRl67.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom