• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Show us your flea-watts amps!

9gwn.jpg


l5q2.jpg


Only Single ended amps
 
I think I barely squeak into this thread with my amp. Rated at 10wpc in KT88 mode with 274B rectifier. Although, I'm currently running with KT120 and a 5AR4 is on the way which will bump me up to 14wpc.
 

Attachments

  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 627
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 155
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 165
This is the amp I use on my desk at work. Capable of maybe 1/2 watt per channel. I built it using 2 volt battery tubes, a 1B5/25S driver and type 33 output per channel, and a type 1V rectifier. Gives plenty of volume for my needs at work, and sounds pretty nice, even driving rather inexpensive speakers.

Tried to add picture, but I can't seem to do it!
 
Last edited:
I think I barely squeak into this thread with my amp. Rated at 10wpc in KT88 mode with 274B rectifier. Although, I'm currently running with KT120 and a 5AR4 is on the way which will bump me up to 14wpc.

attachment.php


We will assume this one's 9.9wpc :D
 
Grommes LJ7..single ended EL84...7watts total? 3-1/2 per side? It sounds good regardless.
PictureorVideo173_zps785cfb92.jpg
 
Last edited:
let's see some innards!

OK, Here`s the bottom but to open the hood reqires I remove the faceplate and right now would rather not so I`ll show some leg:D Putting the screws back in I noticed it is an LJ10 not 7 as I thought.
PictureorVideo175_zpsfcfb5889.jpg

PictureorVideo176_zps0dc67a43.jpg
 
Last edited:
kamakazi flea amps.

Here a couple of small amps that for sure fit into this thread. The one on the left is from a Viking record player. Output is a pair of 35C5, with a pair of
12AV6 in front. 35W4 rectifer. I got rid of a few things to clean it up including
the stereo, mono, reverse switch and put new caps in it. I also added speaker terminals and phono jacks. I'm still trying to decide how to make it safe
It's very quiet and sounds nice, but it doesn't go very loud.
The one on the right is made by Lafayette, model Trutest /5. These were made to convert old record players to stereo. It's also a pair of 35C5, and a single 12AX7 in front. 35W4 rectifier. I bought this recently as new old stock, and it came in the orig. box, with paperwork, including a schematic.
It also is very quiet, and nice sounding, but doesn't go very loud.
I should say that I don't have any really good speakers, good speakers would likely be louder.
I know that I have to do something to these amps to keep them from being
live chassis suicide machines, but for now I'm just trying to be careful. Joe
 

Attachments

  • 115-1544_IMG.jpg
    115-1544_IMG.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 272
  • 115-1546_IMG.jpg
    115-1546_IMG.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 220
6n1p - 6550 se

Used to be my office amp for a couple of years
 

Attachments

  • 6N1P-6550 SE.jpg
    6N1P-6550 SE.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 218
Back
Top Bottom