• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Skyfall

Register to hide this ad
I have friends in the UK and Germany who have seen it already (it released earlier there than here). The UK friend liked it a lot, the one in Germany was a bit less enthusiastic (a "B" grade, rather than an "A"). I'll be seeing it for sure.
 
I hope to be there. I don't remember the last time I've seen this much positive early-heat from reviewers on a Bond film. Sam Mendes is a great director.
 
I am so there. The title theme by Adele is great and harkens back to Shirley Bassey style. Looks excellent.
 
Ok, this is the greatest Bond film ever!! :yes:

I got to see it at an Imax theater, right in the middle and not too close. The sound was spectacular! Total geek that I am, I told my wife I want to know what kind of speakers they're using! :D

I never in a million years thought I'd be saying this, but Daniel Craig is better than Sean Connery. More gritty, more real, less pretty boy.

You've got to see it!:thmbsp::thmbsp:
 
"Skyfall" is already closing in on $300 million (currently at $287 million) at the box office....before even opening in the US!!
 
Ok, this is the greatest Bond film ever!! :yes:

I got to see it at an Imax theater, right in the middle and not too close. The sound was spectacular! Total geek that I am, I told my wife I want to know what kind of speakers they're using! :D

I never in a million years thought I'd be saying this, but Daniel Craig is better than Sean Connery. More gritty, more real, less pretty boy.

You've got to see it!:thmbsp::thmbsp:

That good? I never really like Craig, but I going to see this one early.
 
The Name is Bond......James Bond!

James Bond! Now that's one cool, bad mother-****er! :smoke:

Daniel Craig is spectacular as Jame Bond 007! :thmbsp:

Let's not also forget the women he "hooks-up-with"! WOW! That dude gets 'all the action'!

P.S. I have to agree, Daniel Craig is the best Bond ever!
 
Last edited:
I'll be seeing it Saturday. I like the new Bond (Craig). I know it's not what Bond used to be, but I like it because he's less of a pretty boy and adds more emotional depth to Bond.
 
Nice try but....

I went to see the newest Bond release Saturday. I've been watching Bond movies since the first one ... see my avatar. I watched the hype the week before as it was suppose to be something special celebrating fifty years of James Bond movies ... so I was expecting, well ...something special (they said it was "The Best" to date). That's saying something. Yeah, I admit liking Sean's renditions the best but alot of the later Bond efforts were alright too. This particular Bond film was satisfying as recent Bond films go but certainly nothing that I feel set it apart from the other offerings of late (other than "M's", ahem, retirement). In fact ... I sort of found the general mood of the film somewhat melancholy. Instead of the usual self confident swashbuckling Bond we see an aging version, complete with old man's beard and sour depleted attitude. If that was the point, and I guess it was, than the movie should have been called Ifall in lieu of Skyfall. I had hopes at least that the newer incarnation of "Q" (Head Quartermaster) would at least lift Bond's spirits with a fresh round of new hi tech toys to see him thru but alas it seemed the young lad wasn't into that type of thing anymore as he put it and gives ol' Jim a new pea shooter and a small transmitter so they can retrieve his dead corpse without spending too much more of the tight company's budget. But there are a few bright spots. About 3/4's thru you get the original Bond theme put to good use as he climbs back into the seat of the famed Goldfinger Aston Martin complete with ejection seat which Bond jokingly reminds "M" of it's presence. There's the usual pretty Bond girls and enough action scenes to keep the most dedicated Bond aficionado happy and the current bad guy is everything a Bond bad guy should be. I'd like to give it the five stars the movie producers said it would be but I cannot squeeze out more than a healthy four. My thoughts? Next time James shave before filming starts instead of 3/4's into the movie. I already look at that face in the mirror ... and it doesn't cost me ten bucks to see it.
 
Last edited:
We saw Skyfall Friday afternoon and both liked it. The best Bond movie ever? I do not think so, however; it is definitely one of the better ones. The cinematography is stunningly good making this well worth seeing in a good theater. Recommended.
 
Saw it Friday with a group from the office. As we walked out of the theater I think I was the only one that didn't comment that it was great. There were certainly some good bits but I found it overall to be a little lacking. :dunno: It wasn't that it didn't live up the hype - I've been living under a rock lately and hadn't seen a commercial or a trailer - didn't realize it was even coming up until earlier in the week.
 
Yep, it was good but not a mind blowing experience for me or my wife. However, I could live in the estate on the river and was really bummed out when they blew it up.

The one scene that really had me on the edge of my seat was when they were riding dirt bikes on top of the roofs.
 
Definitely a different feel from this movie. It wasn't the normal Bond movie, it was much more serious and "darker".
 
Back
Top Bottom