• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

SMAC August 2012

jmathers

Super Member
Folks:

The August SMAC will be held at Dale's on Saturday Aug. 25th. See my email for details. Should be a good one.:banana:

Jeff
 
Register to hide this ad
Dale has a room for a system build and I need to have a review of my speakers again. I have lowered the midrange level and by adding a resistor across the speaker for an L pad the impedance rise is lowered and the coil is made more effective to increase the crossover low pass roll off rate a little. I call it a poor mans zobel. I will bring my preamp again and a Hafler power amp but anyone with a tube amp for contrast would be welcome. Anything else also.
 
Last couple of times I brought equipment, no one was interested in swapping it in. So I'll probably pass this time. Sorry
 
I won't be at this one - on vacation with Ally - so I can't help you out with equipment. I know that if Keg's coming I'm sure he'd bring an amp or two. It's a little while still so I expect things will pick up next week on here. Hang in there.

Jeff
 
Yah a few of us as Dennis mentioned have our Fantasy Football draft that day. :(

So those 4 of us will unfortunately not be able to attend the Smac meet.
 
Yep, I'm sure you guys will struggle through without us.

I'm with you Wigwam. I've not missed the cruz since the first one. Sometimes it may only be a couple hours, but I don't miss it.
 
Friday evening, I'll be hangin' out around Catalpa and Woodward on the east side for the Cruz. I enjoy the evenings surrounding the Saturday Dream Cruise as it is a bit less of a mob scene and usually cooler. Anyone in the area, stop by.
 
Besides the Theatre, I'll have an area outside in the game room cleared for a "build" system. It will be an area 16 X 16. I'll have a table for gear and will have a panamax for power conditioning. I'll "seed" the area with Yamaha 3090, my JBL Jubals and a CD player. The club can swap it out from there.

When you arrive come around the house and enter off of the deck.

BTW....the house is has wireless internet if it help the Fantasy Football people do both?

Dale
 
Back
Top Bottom