• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Soft or Scratchy?

Register to hide this ad
Scratchy. After running them thru the washer, drying on the rack rather than the dryer seems to enhance the effect.
I also don't like big, heavy towels that are just hard to handle and hang onto. I like the smaller, lightweight towels, I still have no trouble drying.
 
Absorbent..!! The soft ones just don't do it. They just slide around, spreading the moisture everywhere..
A big, dry, rough towel will drain the water right out of you... :thumbsup:
 
Never thought of soft vs.scratchy, just absorbent. Of course, in an AZ winter (and most of the summer), you will dry off just by waiting; unlike southern FL, where you use a towel and then wonder why you're still wet.
 
Have I ever considered this question? I think not, but now that I face it, in a public forum no less, I will shout it to the highest mountaintop: Scratchy: I prefer a scratchy towel (experience).
 
^^PS: ****ing "auto(in)correct" just tried to deposit "pubic forum" in the above statement. What the **** izzat about? Is this ****ing 'droid OS'd device some kinda "woke" no-goodnik? I already knew it was a "no-Godnick", but this latest stunt, well, this is unacceptable. Bad phone.
 
How do you like your towels? :)

I like mine scratchy; I seem to be able to dry myself off quicker with a scratchy towel :)

If you'd used the term "rough" instead of "scratchy" it would have elicited a(n) "LOL".

"Who prefers to dry with a rough towel?" It's gotta ring to it.
 
I've got thick plush towels and they sit in the closet
because the don't absorb. No fabric softener because I'm allergic to the fragrance they use in it. The cheap thinner towels work best
 
Scratchy.

My son used to complain that our towels weren't soft. I told him that soft towels just don't seem to dry as well. He argued, so I bought him a nice soft towel.

He hated it.:D

Rob
 
Fabric softener will make your towels soft - and also is like Teflon - do not use it on your towels if you want to get dry.
 
I never thought of it as scratchy vs. soft, as someone mentioned above. I just think in terms of quality. We have two towels that are fairly old, and they are soft AND super absorbent. Then we have some ones that are newer, and not as absorbent. I think it has to do with the quality of the cotton terry cloth, and the weave type.

As a cook, I also am picky about my kitchen towels. Terry cloth is the best for absorbency.
 
Back
Top Bottom