• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

TT upgrade?

cicero2

Super Member
i've been wanting to get a music hall 5, but can't afford one. so today i found a phillips 212 for $80 and am wondering if it would be an upgrade from my technics sl qx300.

thanks in advance.
 
Register to hide this ad
Well, as far as P-mount tables go, that's a pretty good one. The Phillips 212 is a nice belt drive table. I dunno. I guess I'd give the Phillips the nod just because it gives you more 'futzing options' than a P mount table would.
 
I use a Philips 212, I think it is a fine table. As it is a floater make sure it is in a very stable location and absolutely level. I have a Grado Blue on mine and after about 30 hours she's a real sleeper table IMO.
$80 is top dollar so it should be in mint to near mint condition.
 
okay, thanks.

arg, part of me wants instant gratification w/ this table, another part wants to save for the music hall
 
Back
Top Bottom