• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Vintage Mopar Owners: Let' see your rides!!

Whoa, didn't know there was a Mopar thread!

I've been a hard core Mopar head since 1984 when I fell in love with a 1966 Coronet 440 model with a poly 318, AC and power windows.
I've never seen another with that option combo.

I currently have a good driver and a few project and parts cars.

My 73 Satellite just came back from being painted about six weeks ago.
It's the best body I've ever had on an old car. Only filler is about a 1/4 cup where the quarters meet the rockers.
60,500 original miles. Kind of an oddly optioned car- no carpet (had a floor mat), no day/night mirror, no chrome trim except side molding, but it has AC!
318 runs great. I've been adding factory available options like bucket seats, center arm rest, Road Runner hood, rallye wheels, dual mirrors, tuff steering wheel, and cassette pod.
Machine gun exhaust tips are next, then power windows. If I want to get crazy I have a 8 3/4 sure grip axle, a pistol grip 833 OD manual trans and a choice of engines-
5.9 Magnum with a .517 roller cam, a 73 400, or a 69 440.

View attachment 2024576

Behind it is my next project.

1967 Belvedere II 9 pass wagon. Believe it or not that's the original paint. 318 factory AC car.
It needs some floor board and spare tire well work. I have a parts car behind that which has 90% of the parts I need.

On the back burner I have this 66 Coronet. It's one of 1679 440 models with a 383-4 barrel.
Real good body and I love the color. factory AC car, too. (That's kinda an issue in FL)

View attachment 2024586

Also this 72 Charger SE one of 503 400-4 barrel with 3.23 suregrip cars made.
The uni-body is solid but almost every panel is rusted. Not sure what I'm gonna do with it for now.
TONS of great parts, though If I go that route.

View attachment 2024596

...and finally (OK, not) this 1980 step side truck that someone started to build a Little Red Express clone out of.
It was born with a slant six and an overdrive manual, but someone before me put in a 1969 440.
The cab is super rusty, but it's crazy fun to drive.

View attachment 2024598

Uh, I may have a problem.....
I live in Metro Detroit...let me tell you about rust! LOL!
 
While riding my RT around the block this morning discovered these old jalopies . . .

Nobody was out there otherwise I would have introduced myself, maybe next time. Stay tuned!

20210213-112128.jpg


20210213-112130.jpg


20210213-112134.jpg


20210213-112137.jpg


20210213-112137-0.jpg
 
Awesome

The red one is stunning, is it the original configuration?

Thank you! It is a true WM21 Super Bee. PP1 Red exterior with H4R Burgundy interior (not white like a lot of the red cars) and white vinyl top. According to the fender tag it should be a stripe-delete but I added the white tail stripe. I also went with 15" steel wheels and no caps just because I dig that look...

20141005_143456.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom