• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Vintage Mopar Owners: Let' see your rides!!

Rager was the editor from the late 80's through the 90's.
He introduced me to Galen Govier at a Don Garlit's show one year.
He also wrote a book about Mopar police cars.

Bolig was editor in the 2010's.
 
Bolig
Rager was the editor from the late 80's through the 90's.
He introduced me to Galen Govier at a Don Garlit's show one year.
He also wrote a book about Mopar police cars.

Bolig was editor in the 2010's.

Bolig took over as editor in 2002 or ‘03. I moved over from Car Craft in ‘03 or thereabouts. Jeff Stunkard was editor before Bolig.
 
  • Like
Reactions: YY1
Major flashbacks, I replaced so many head gaskets, timing belts, valve cover gaskets and front oil seals and turbos on those back it the day.

Dealers did so many head gaskets they would lift the head up just enough to slip out the old gasket and slide a new one in and send it on its way. Tons of distributer pick-up's as well.

I did a few when I was at Tysinger Motors in Hampton VA, my primary work was Mercedes-Benz and Jaguar though. The reason for the disc brakes, my son had borrowed the car one weekend to go up to Northern VA where he had previously borrowed our 1989 Grand Caravan and been cut off at the "mixing bowl" so he had to go up into DC and turn around. Someone tried to do the same to the convertible. Report from son "dad, you know that digital dash doesn't go blank at 85?" reply "yes, I put it in export mode", son "well it got to 99 then went 00 and started up again, 01, 02 03..... I said and?? him, it got to 21 and was still pulling. I figure if that 2.2L T2 will pull that thing over 120, then it really needs bigger brakes.
 
I had an ‘86 Shelby Charger I bought new. Also had a GLHS Charger and a Shelby Dakota - the truck was featured in Sport Truck and Mopar Muscle. Fond memories…
 
fbc5f807a51d5147f1397b2d8ebaf9b2f5484679.jpg
 
For a while I also owned the red 1986 CS turbo Daytona under the word "selling" on this May 1992 Mopar Muscle cover.
It was in a collision shortly after the photo shoot, and I bought it as salvage from the local CPD dealer.
I put a black front clip from an 84 Chrysler Lazer on it and drove it like that for about 2 years.
Fun car, but couldn't go a month without transmission, vacuum or electronics trouble.
Not really what most people think of when someone says "My car was on the cover of a magazine" ...
...but it is what it is.

View attachment 2430478

A couple of my friends and their cars are on the cover and I provided some of the parts for the build of the lime green 66 Coronet.

My LeBaron never made it on a Magazine, but one car I used to own made it as the page picture for the 1964 1/2-73 Mustang page on Facebook. Page is administered by Shasta Mustang supply and they used a picture of my 1966 Shelby GT350:
 

Landy's shop in Northridge (CA) rebuilt several components and installed disc brakes (front only) on my '57 Chrysler 300 in 1999. That guy sure loved his cigars... I dunno if he smoked or ate them. Sorta both, asctually. He also had a (much) smaller operation/garage in Monrovia (CA), which sorta specialized in fuel system and electrical stuff.
 
Landy's shop in Northridge (CA) rebuilt several components and installed disc brakes (front only) on my '57 Chrysler 300 in 1999. That guy sure loved his cigars... I dunno if he smoked or ate them. Sorta both, asctually. He also had a (much) smaller operation/garage in Monrovia (CA), which sorta specialized in fuel system and electrical stuff.

Landy built a small-block for me in the early ‘90s. I don’t think he smoked those cigars!
 
Back
Top Bottom