• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What did you sell that has now increased in value dramatically?

I always say: "If you wanna get rich, just follow me around, and do the opposite of what I do."

For example, maybe 5 or 6 years ago, I sold a very nice Marantz 2330 for $450.00. Now, they seem to be at least double that.
 
I remember my dad selling his 65 mustang fastback for $500 in the early 70's.


Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk
 
so many things have gone up, one of the most significant that i am aware of is a pair of cs-99a's in extremely nice condition that i sold for $100
 
When I was a kid I had a crazy lego collection. I had a huge barrel full. I wanted a Nintendo NES, and my dad told me to get rid of the legos first, and they'd get me one. I GAVE them to the neighbor kid. Ever see what vintage legos sell for these days? I could have bought a small house if I sold them now.

Same with the NES. I was a major collector of all types of video games. I had 400+ nes games, about half were complete. Now, I did wait until adulthood to sell those, and I made good money. But I still should have held out a few more years. Most are worth about 4x now. Some rare games go for crazy money. I had "Flintstones: Surprise at Dinosaur Peak". I sold it for $275 and was elated. Look on eBay now, one just sold for $750 for the cartridge alone. Oh well, heh. No use crying over spilled bank bags.
 
For example:

I found a really nice set of ADS L520 speakers and sold them on ebay in 2011 for $27.

They currently sell for $250!

ARgh...:tears:

If it's any consolation, not every pair gets that much.
I see few unsold for $99 and $115.
 
Dynaco PAS 3 all original and working Dynaco Tubes - $220 6 months ago within 24 hours of listing - Got me hooked on treasure hunting!

Now selling for $450 - $500!
 
When I was a kid I had a crazy lego collection. I had a huge barrel full. I wanted a Nintendo NES, and my dad told me to get rid of the legos first, and they'd get me one. I GAVE them to the neighbor kid. Ever see what vintage legos sell for these days? I could have bought a small house if I sold them now.

Same with the NES. I was a major collector of all types of video games. I had 400+ nes games, about half were complete. Now, I did wait until adulthood to sell those, and I made good money. But I still should have held out a few more years. Most are worth about 4x now. Some rare games go for crazy money. I had "Flintstones: Surprise at Dinosaur Peak". I sold it for $275 and was elated. Look on eBay now, one just sold for $750 for the cartridge alone. Oh well, heh. No use crying over spilled bank bags.

i also had to give away my lego collection when i was younger......... but i have since started a new collection :banana:
 
Microseiki DDX 1000 with MA 505 tone arm for $500

Thorens TD 125 with Mission 774 arm for $300

Well Tempered Record Player $500

I paid less for the items than what I sold them for. But I still would like a chance to resell that Micro.....

Regards
Mister Pig
 
Back
Top Bottom