• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What is the biggest receiver ever made?

Fisher RS-1080

Don't think it's the biggest but a buddy of mine has a Fisher RS-1080 that is friggin' huge! About 100 pounds with gobs of power. Not the best sounding receiver in the world but is impressive to look at!
 
Last edited:
Not the biggest, but big and heavy

Concept 16.5

003ox.jpg
 
I own an Onkyo Tx-7000 from 1979 that isn't very tall, but has some width alright and great mellow sound @90wpc. Gotta love the glow of the lighting under plate glass too! Here it is in comparison with an Onkyo Tx-sr502 and a 17 inch tft monitor.
 

Attachments

  • fried 025.jpg
    fried 025.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 51
400 Per channel "class G amp"

"High Fidelity" Magazine, reviewed it and said it was capable of dynamic peaks over 400 watts/ch

heh heh, he's talking RATED power for the technics, not peak capable. the technics is capable of a lot more than 400 watts/ch...
 
The Marantz 2600 had an FTC rating of 400 watts into 4 ohms. AFAIK, Technics never quoted a 4 ohm figure for the SA-1000 probably because it was not capable of delivering more than the 8 ohm rating of 330 wpc. I'm not sure what the 4 ohm or headroom ratings for the G-33000 but based on the massive amp section, it probably beats all. Weight and bulk title go to the G-33000. The widest receiver is probably the obscure Winntec R-1120.

the SA series from technics is not great with 4 ohms loads according to their specs... they likely failed the tests required for long term high output 4 ohm use due to heat. all the sa x00 receivers are like that, including my personal sa-300. but believe me, they work just fine with low impedance speakers and are quite audibly much louder in output even cranked, you just have to make sure you keep them very cool. Not something most people have lying around, but in my case I put exhaust fans into all of my high power amps/receivers. my m-70 has them lying on top right now sucking through cooler air... but I need them on my c-70 too. it's only a preamp but it's a class a preamp and it gets as hot as my power amp does!

anyway, bakc on topic.

LOVE THESE HUGE RECEIVERS!
 
i have the little brother plus 75
a couple of more pics of the sanyo plus 200:
regards,

that looks an awful lot like a totl realistic receiver I had when I was young.... although my memory is pretty vague about it so I could be wrong.

I have a strong feeling (based on design cues I've seen over the years) that sanyo made a lot of 80s totl "realistic" home audio gear. high end cassette decks and the like too. but that's just me from visual appearance thinking as much.
 
I always heard the Technics didn't sound that good but I never heard one personally.

that's the first time I've heard anyone say that. the sa x00 series was totl. great stuff, incredible tuners (best I've owned ever, still to this day), great clean modern yet musical sounding power and preamps. nothing falsely "warm" about them like some receivers of the 70s where the high end would roll off a bit. these are amazing units.
 
Back
Top Bottom