• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

I used to listen to FM all the time when I lived in different states. I now reside in central Oklahoma and FM here is so bad with noise and such. I sometimes listen to NPR classical. I would listen to more FM but well, here there isn't much to choose from.
 
enjoying my new Kenwood KT-7300! She's a sweet machine:)
attachment.php
 
jazz after hours, pri on 88.1 wypf fredneck, md

tuna is a sweet refurb'd modded rotel rht-10
attachment.php

attachment.php


doug s.
 

Attachments

  • rotel rht-10, 1.jpg
    rotel rht-10, 1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 117
  • rotel rht-10, 2.jpg
    rotel rht-10, 2.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 117
Damn! Doug this digital looks sweet!
yes, it is. while i have not done blind a-b, (i used to actually have this capability), i can say w/o a doubt that it is in the same league as my other sonic "bests", which include the likes of modded refurb'd tu-x1, hk citation 18, and sherwood s3000v. :music: and it has remote!

doug s.
 
Last night, I was listening to KUT.3 HD channel's feed of jazz from Jazzworks (formerly the radio station of Duquesne University, but now an independent commercial entity).
 
Interesting. Did not know this syndication service exists. Any idea how long it's been around?

s.

A couple of years or more. It ran as an independent service affiliated with WDUQ for awhile (modifying their feed to be anonymous), but now it runs the show.

The bad news is they bought WDUQ from the university and made it an NPR-News/Talk radio station, taking jazz off the regular FM airwaves in Pittsburgh (HD Radio broadcast and internet stream only).
 
The bad news is they bought WDUQ from the university and made it an NPR-News/Talk radio station, taking jazz off the regular FM airwaves in Pittsburgh (HD Radio broadcast and internet stream only).

Our local "Jazz" station is NPR-News/Talk all day, no Jazz 'til 7:00 PM. Very little Jazz on the weekends, either. :sigh:

That looks like a pretty good playlist, will try streaming it on the OmniFi DMS-1's tonight.
 
For the past two days i've been listening to a NAD 402 tuner i picked up at GW, I can't say that I'm impressed :/
Anyone have experience with NAD tuners? Or is it just a question of me getting used to the 90's sound? :)
 
For the past two days i've been listening to a NAD 402 tuner i picked up at GW, I can't say that I'm impressed :/
Anyone have experience with NAD tuners? Or is it just a question of me getting used to the 90's sound? :)
i have no experience w/that model, but i have a 4300 which sounds great. very dynamic, excellent soundstaging, excellent reception. in typical nad fashion, it emphasizes smoothness over that last smidge of detail. but it is detailed enough; only against the wery best does this get noticed. and, some may actually prefer the way it smooths the sound; folks have different preferences...

ymmv,

doug s.
 
A couple of years or more. It ran as an independent service affiliated with WDUQ for awhile (modifying their feed to be anonymous), but now it runs the show.

The bad news is they bought WDUQ from the university and made it an NPR-News/Talk radio station, taking jazz off the regular FM airwaves in Pittsburgh (HD Radio broadcast and internet stream only).

So at the risk of making you restate the obvious, 'Jazzworks' is owned by the folks who run WDUQ?

I couldn't tell from the site who owns the operation or how big it is.

s.
 
Back
Top Bottom