• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Why The Vitriol On Disco?

Trance is to musicianship as ChatGPT is to Shakespeare.

Oh gentle mortal, lo and behold the $500-ish FOPO S16! 'Tis a wondrous device that doth double the value proposition offered by this fair category of super-light monitors. Verily, it consisteth of two 13.3 inch monitors on a frame most rare, designed to fit as if by magic on the laptop's lid, so that they might gracefully flank the laptop's own screen.
 
As a listener I could not care less for the involvement of the creators. But I do care for the virtuosity of a DJ.
Well, I certainly applaud your use of "could not care less" rather than opting for the more popular common usage, "could care less".

Otherwise ...
 
I grew up in the disco era, so to me it was just music until I saw some of the "disco sucks" graffiti.

IMO a lot of the same arguments from the "grunge killed rock" thread could be used here, both for and against.

I like some disco. Some because it's "fun", and some because it's not bad music.

The ultimate cross-post between these two threads has got to be KISS and "I was Made For Loving You".


Of course there was also the "NO synthesizers" movement from roughly the same time period.
I personally prefer a non-keyboard heavy R&R format, but I can appreciate the tasteful use, and of course now it's not just keys, but potentially everything.
 
What I think we do gotz here is Vitriol On Trance.
You don't know what trance is. But if you replaced it with "commercial EDM", I would agree with you.

I like me some melancholic post-disco:


Or some sophisti-pop:


Or some city-pop:


Or some synth-pop:

 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom