• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

why you decline my offer ?

Stephen J

Suum Cuique
Soooo....I have an item listed on the bay for $174.99 BIN obo. Someone sent me an offer of $25.00. Sorry,I decline. Then a message from the interested party......"why you decline my offer ?".....duuuuhhhhhh......:twak:
:D
 
Register to hide this ad
I always counteroffer with...if you come to the house and pick it up and let my rottweiler lick peanut butter from your scrotum it's a deal! I did this to a guy locally in Mass and the little weasel threatened to call the PO-lice on me. Then I had an ad on craigslist and the same email address was HIGHLY offended that I put a statement in about lowballing..he says.."is a lowballer to you someone that's not dumb enough to pay your price?"....he's also emailed a few local AK'ers about pricing...
 
I always counteroffer with...if you come to the house and pick it up and let my rottweiler lick peanut butter from your scrotum it's a deal! I did this to a guy locally in Mass and the little weasel threatened to call the PO-lice on me. Then I had an ad on craigslist and the same email address was HIGHLY offended that I put a statement in about lowballing..he says.."is a lowballer to you someone that's not dumb enough to pay your price?"....he's also emailed a few local AK'ers about pricing...

Probably the same dude who would call me up with a blocked number and berate my Marantz gear. "No one wants a tuner or a tape deck now, they are useless" Funny I did and I spent a lot of time finding the right one for me. Come to find out a few people did and it all sold at different times for a very fair price.
He even had the gall to argue with me about the tape deck saying that I would get no more then $20. I told him one had just sold on eBay for $385 (I know that's wayyyy overpriced and I wasn't asking anywhere near that) and he told me that's impossible because he watches the prices everyday.

Ok rant done. Back to my point to the OP, stick in there someone will pay you a fair price.

Best of luck!

-Rocko
 
People that send me a ridiculous lowball offer are ones I put in my block list. I look at it that if they were to take a counter offer they would also be the first to complain and bitch about something as well
 
People that send me a ridiculous lowball offer are ones I put in my block list. I look at it that if they were to take a counter offer they would also be the first to complain and bitch about something as well

I once had a ebayer offer me 20 percent of the asking price for a piece of sports memorabilia and I countered with a 10 per cent discount. He then raised his offer $5 a less than 5% increase. I decided I'd check his history to see what he had been buying and found that he was loading up on sports memorabilia (20 purchases in a 10 day period). I t was clear to me he was stocking a store from ebay. I rejected his offer and suggested we would not be able to come to an agreement and he tried to tell me it was a gift for his father's birthday and I should be "more reasonable with my pricing". When I pointed out that he had been purchasing vast quantities of sports memorabilia and asked whether it all was for his father's birthday he got irate and sent me demanding messages like I had an obligation to sell it to him. I ended up having to block him.
 
People that send me a ridiculous lowball offer are ones I put in my block list. I look at it that if they were to take a counter offer they would also be the first to complain and bitch about something as well

Truer words were never spoken!!!
 
I do not use the auction site but a few times when I had something to sell I'd one of those and my usual response was no thank you but I'd buy all he had for that price. I then explain I was in the audio industry for years and retailing and understood there were those who bought and sold used equipment for a business and needed to make a profit and I applaud them for finding a niche business but my intent on my selling was predicated on: 1) getting the piece to someone who would appreciate it as much as I, or, 2) was not purchasing and selling as a business unless it was a bricks and motar store and, 3) I got a reasonable price, though I did not need to make top dollar.

I never actually had someone go ballistic other than when a couple told me they were into vintage audio and not resellers, etc. and it took only a couple of minutes of discussion to know they had no idea 12 gauge unsheilded wire was not used for making interconnects or some similar trap.
 
Soooo....I have an item listed on the bay for $174.99 BIN obo. Someone sent me an offer of $25.00. Sorry,I decline. Then a message from the interested party......"why you decline my offer ?".....duuuuhhhhhh......:twak:
:D

So U no say. Y U no accept offer? :D

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • y-u-no-guy.jpg
    y-u-no-guy.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 476
Also annoying are people who email you asking for a BIN price that is considerably less than the opening bid amount.(?)
 
Also annoying are people who email you asking for a BIN price that is considerably less than the opening bid amount.(?)

Interesting. I must be annoying as I did exactly that today. Guy had a pair of speakers for sale at $400. I offered $200 as they had a bad woofer (one that's expensive/hard to find) and needed refoaming of four drivers. His $400 price was more appropriate for "ready to play" speakers. My price of $200 was more appropriate to their actual condition.

So the message here is that ya' can't always be miffed if someone doesn't offer close to opening bid..... cause it's the opening bid that might be way outta' whack.
 
I've bought stuff on best offer a few times, but I've offered what I felt to be a fair price. Apparently the sellers did too, because I've never had one outright refused. I generally don't bother if the opening price is way out of touch with reality though. If someone has an item listed for $500 and I'd only pay $100, I just move along. There will be another one listed closer to reality eventually.
 
I e-mail and say I think the asking price or beginning bid level is a bit high and if it does not sell, I'd like to discuss and see if we can come to an agreement. I've done a few deals as a result but, I do not insult the seller.

In some instances the seller was just not knowledgable rather than trying to gouge.
 
I try not to gouge,but to get fair prices on my items.I usually price my stuff about 10% below the last finished price on a comparable item.
That formula usually results in a fast sale and a decent price.
If the guy had offered me $100.00 I would have taken it,but $25.00 ? ?...:butt2:
:D
 
Soooo....I have an item listed on the bay for $174.99 BIN obo. Someone sent me an offer of $25.00. Sorry,I decline. Then a message from the interested party......"why you decline my offer ?".....duuuuhhhhhh......:twak:
:D

LOL...that is funny!
 
Back
Top Bottom