• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Worst album covers thread ?

Went to a few raves in Warrington,carnt remember the club but I think was near to Mr Smiths,music was just like Shellys in Stafford,the point is that Es and microdots were so powerful then that clown would have sent me up the nearest tree gibbering in a bad way.
 
Went to a few raves in Warrington,carnt remember the club but I think was near to Mr Smiths,music was just like Shellys in Stafford,the point is that Es and microdots were so powerful then that clown would have sent me up the nearest tree gibbering in a bad way.

I live in warrington, not sure which club you mean but certainly plenty of clowns around at that time
 
Is this only for the worst album covers?

I've seen too many lazy eyes and 60's hairdos.

My faves are Tool, Lateralus from 2006. It is a thing of beauty and really does go back to the good old days of gate-fold vinyl, but with very modern artwork......

images.jpg in4444dex.jpg index.jpg
 
Damn,I want that guitar!!

Mosrite "Joe Maphis" 6-12 Double-Neck. While I'm not sure about exact year of manufacture, I'll guess, based on hardware (PUPS, 'guard, & controls layout & knob type) & markings (e.g., headstock decal style & positioning), it was made mid/late '60s, probably circa '67-8, i.e., during Mosrite's "peak production" era. All signs point to this being one of the last of the "Los Angeles Era" instruments. Bankrupted in 1968, (founder/owner) Semi (Mosely) moved operations (first) to Bakerfield, and soon after outta state to Oklahoma, and from OK, on to places even farther afield.

The migration from SoCal to Oklahoma is particularly ironic, given the Mosrite marquee's close association w/ several prominent SoCal exponents of the "Bakersfield Sound" (ie, SoCal "Country & Western"), not only Semi Mosely himself but such musicans as (most notably) Joe and Rose Lee Maphis, Jeannie Shepard, and Tommie Collins, all part of the Great Okie Migration from OK to SoCal during "The Dust Bowl / Great Depression" era(s) (cf The Grapes Of Wrath, etc.). So moving Mosrite from SoCal to OK was kind'a like The Dust Bowl~Great Depression era(s) migration in reverse. Neat, huh?

P.S. While oft-cited as "an Oakie", one of the most famed exponents of The Bakersfield Sound, i.e., Merle Haggard, was in fact born in California, the (first-generation) offspring of "Oakies", but not himself an "Oakie" proper.

Another much-vaunted exponent of The Bakersfield Sound, Mr Buck Owens, was born in Texas, and later arrived in Bakerfield (CA) with his family, who'd migrated to CA from Arizona during The Dust Bowl era.
 
Last edited:
I hate to post this here, since the music on the album itself is wonderful. I have no idea why they chose the cover photo they used:
products-toni_fisher_big_hurt_sealed1.jpg

As an aside, the title track contains one of the first known examples of 'phasing', the result of a mistake during the mastering process which was kept:
 
Last edited:
I hate to post this here, since the music on the album itself is wonderful. I have no idea why they chose the cover photo they used:
products-toni_fisher_big_hurt_sealed1.jpg

As an aside, the title track contains one of the first known examples of 'phasing', the result of a mistake during the mastering process which was kept:
A literal mis-take mix? I did not know that, Serendipity!
 
A literal mis-take mix? I did not know that, Serendipity!
Forget where I read the story, but the producer thought something was missing from the song, so he had the engineer run the stereo and mono mixes together. As soon as the tape decks ran out-of-synch, the phasing/flanging effect resulted. Liking the effect, the producer had the engineer replicate the effect at various parts of the song, creating what WKBW deejay Dick Biondi referred to as "Toni Fisher's weird one."
-Adam
 
Back
Top Bottom