• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

fisher

  1. artsybob

    Fisher TFM-300- Replacing Selenium Rectifier

    I have already posted this in the General Audio thread, but I figured I'd repost it here as well. I'm in the process of restoring a Fisher TFM-300 tuner. It's been advised that I replace the selenium rectifier in the unit but I've never replaced one before. I bought this full-wave bridge...
  2. artsybob

    Replacing Selenium Rectifier (Fisher TFM-300)

    Hello all, I'm trying to replace the selenium rectifier in a Fisher TFM-300 tuner. I bought an 8 amp 400V full wave bridge rectifier as a replacement. Would this be a drop-in replacement or would I have to solder in additional resistors? Thanks for the help! Here's the schematic...
  3. B

    Fisher 500 Mono Bulbs & Knob

    Hi, I"m working on restoring a The Fisher 500 mono tube receiver and there are a few bulbs in the front panel that look like fuses that are not working. Does anyone know where to find replacement bulbs? and It's also missing a knob, any leads? thanks!
  4. sabrefencer

    Pulled my parents 500C out of storage today . . .

    Unpacked my parents 500C today. Decided to take a look after a long time reading and learning (just getting started) in preparation for doing something with the 500C my parents bought new in in 1963 or 1964 (SN: 43424J). I used to listen to kids records through this unit (I am a few years...
  5. zim bida

    Fisher Transistor Series Model 75

    or WTF did I just buy? Answered an ad for a Fisher tube tuner and amplifier, and bought it without checking it out (I know, I know) because for the price and what I could see it was worth it, and worthwhile stuff goes quick around here. So the tuner was an FM-90B, but the amp is a mystery to...
  6. R

    Fisher R-20 Resistor R59 Source. You know, the double-ended tall one

    On the top of an R-20 amp there's a tall power resistor, R59, right next to the rectifier tube, but electrically separated by a 50 ohm R66. R59 is effectively two power resistors, a 5500 ohm and a 100 ohm. Mine is cracked. Symptom is that all tubes glow ( 6v rail working fine ), but zero sound...
  7. DRG6901

    Best matching equipment that doesn't break the bank.

    So let me start out by saying that I am 19 and have very little experience with the intricacies of a nice HIFi system. With the help of my Dad and seeing what comes up on craigslsit and eBay I have a decent enough setup. Here is what I am running right now. -JVC KD-55 Cassette Deck (Not looking...
  8. nickdinatale

    Fisher FM-50-B cleaning

    Picked up a Fisher FM-50-B, as well as an X-101-B this past weekend as part of a package deal. Today I got down to cleaning up the receiver. Opened up the bottom, which contained completely original electronics. Nothing burnt, so that was nice to find. The majority of the tubes were also...
  9. Thom 2230

    Fisher 400 rebuild

    Fisher 400 rebuild and related topics.
  10. DRG6901

    Fisher STV 870 Speakers

    I recently got a whole stereo system for free off craigslist. It was the Fisher 860 Series (Turntable, Tuner, Receiver, Tape Deck, and a bonus Sony 5 Disc CD Player) with the matching cabinet and speakers. I have seen the blogs here that the Hi-Fi setup as a whole is bad and low quality, the...
  11. Stereohere

    Fisher R-592 Stereo Console with 31-R Chassis, Phono button no power

    I got this vintage console. It was working when I tested at seller's place. But after I move it home. That phono input selector button has no power send to the turntable, but the AUX/FM/AM button could send power to turntable. It's wired. Do I miss something or wire discounted? I see the Record...
  12. K

    Fisher RS-1040 Receiver: no stereo from tuner?

    I recently picked up a clean RS-1040 from a pawnshop for $6. Cleaned it up today and it's in pretty good shape; had to clean out some dust, clean the pots, and restring the tuner dial cord, plus the expected cosmetic work. I powered it up and everything works fine with one exception: it appears...
  13. N

    Fisher RS-580 Reciever question

    Hi, I'm new here. Thanks for a great forum. A friend of mine is selling Sony SS-G5 speakers for cheap and I already have an old Fisher RS-580 reciever. Would this be a good match for a home gym stereo, or do the speakers need more power? Thanks
  14. kjack48230

    Fisher 500B in Mahogany cabinet with all original tubes.

    Came into possession of a Fisher 500B in completely original condition, every tube is original. I'd like to turn it on but I'm I'd like to make sure I have it set properly before I do. Is there anything I need to be aware of besides hooking up the speakers? Any help would greatly be appreciated.
  15. BRW

    Fisher President VIII Value?

    I recently purchased a Fisher console (President VIII) and am interested in hearing what you think today's value might be. I noticed the MSRP was around $2600 (back in 1963) but not sure about current market. I am new to tube amps but excited to listen to it! All components seem to work as...
  16. The fojizzle

    Help please

    so a friend of mine gifted me this cabinet. All components work. I am gonna have a tech replace the plug (it’s frayed) and go through it all and refurb. The cabinet doesn’t work in my house. I was thinking of taking all the stereo stuff out of it and building a smaller cabinet. I would keep all...
  17. S

    Does anybody do tuner alignment in Vermont/Northern New York

    Im looking to see if anybody around northern New York does tuner alignment, I have a Fisher 400 that I would like to get the tuner back to full performance but lack the equipment.
  18. Stever521

    The Fisher/Sterecorder 555a R2R rehab

    Hi All, I recently came into a reel to reel from an Executive V I believe and would like to know what experience others have had with rehab-ing one of these beauties. I don't have pics at the moment as I'm on the road for work at the moment, will post pics as soon as I get back to home base...
  19. C

    Custom Electra VIII E-490 - Restoration Tips & Sale Price

    I am new to this, but I will be picking up a Fisher Custom Electra VIII E-490 console today. I would like to restore it. ***If I have the wrong model, please correct me*** Any tips or insight for the restoration? It is in great condition aesthetically, little to know damage to the wood. I am...
  20. nickdinatale

    500-C...to buy or not to buy?

    Looking for some opinions from people who know tube gear better than I! Found one for sale locally (by this I mean that I'll have to drive an hour and take a ferry), but it's for $400, paired with a pair AR 2a's. Seems like a good deal assuming everything checks out. I'd like to not buy the...
  21. vaathi

    What is good price on Fisher SA300

    I have line on Fisher SA300 in decent condition with missing rectifier tube and Sovtek tubes for EL34. Seller is asking close to 800 and I see one which is restored but in bad cosmetic condition in auction site for less than that.. Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.
  22. D

    202 B input problem

    just picked up a X 202b last weekend , problem is the only input that works is the aux2/tape, with the tape monitor on . None of the other inputs work . Looks like someone has gone in and replaced many caps , and by the quality of the work it must have been done by someone with a bit of...
  23. Dr.finn

    Fisher xp-16

    I just acquired a set of Xp-16s and found that an 8" and 12" we're replaced. I plan on rebuilding these and would like all original speakers to work with. So does anyone have an 8" or 12" they would part with? Cts alnico
  24. raffman

    Stereo beam tuning

    I just turned on Fisher 500-b after about a week and stereo beam tune is not working as before (normally). Set sounds fine but I am worried. I recapped it some time ago and had been fine since except for tuning cord breaking. Any ideas where to start looking?
  25. milodane91

    Help! Fisher 290 receiver?

    New member, but long time reader. I need help identifying my receiver, it is a Fisher 290, labeled as part of the "custom component series". Purchased on eBay about 2 years ago for about $30. It's been the center of my stereo for a couple of years as a budget option until I can upgrade. Seems...
Back
Top Bottom