• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

AKAI love

kjello

Super Member
Show us some of that silver faced Akai stuff.
Feel free to post Akai pictures in this thread, love to see what you got.
Here is my AM-2600 amp and a GX-4000D r2r

66cf506d-3e4f-4ee0-8f23-d9425fca9d0a-original.jpg

b03ca5e9-4b16-4e7f-bf0e-c06983a68af3-original.jpg

0ecbab4c-93b4-43c5-ae7d-9942df8e483c-original.jpg

61303fd4-f891-4a6a-b30c-2ac783a2119c-original.jpg

0d3102ce-3a67-432d-9f04-7a63d992bdf8-original.jpg

41074189-3011-401a-9f34-e3338073b954-original.jpg

353d56d5-bc0f-4cee-80e2-792074b1df09-original.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
My first vintage silver faced receiver was an AKAI AA-1050. It sounded better than the Sansui 2000x to me at the time that I got later. I sold the Sansui. Still have the AKAI but I finally need to move it along too.
 
Yes l did also see the Sansui sneaking into the photo there, you have some nice gear. Thank you, enjoy your weekend also.
 
Nice tuner GyroTuner, l bet they are excellent performers. Do you know how many FM gangs the AT-550 and AT-580 have just out of curiosity?
 
Nice tuner GyroTuner, l bet they are excellent performers. Do you know how many FM gangs the AT-550 and AT-580 have just out of curiosity?

Thank you. They are good tuners, that compare favorably to most of the other tuners I've owned. The AT-550 and the AT-580 each have four FM gangs.

There is not a lot of information about them, but I posted some specifications and some other pictures in the tuner forum: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/addicted-to-tuners.910591/page-2

Here are a couple of other Akai beauties (pictures from web, not mine). If anyone has a good picture of the Akai AA-7000 receiver, one of the more unique designs out there, please post.

Akai AA-5000S integrated

AA-5000S.jpg


Akai AA-930 Receiver

akai-aa-930.jpg
 
I'll post this for laughs: when I was a teenager, I had an Akai CS-500 "Invert-O-Matic" cassette deck, which was so named because when the cassette would reach the end of a side, a robotic arm would reach out and snag the cassette, lift it up, flip it over, and set it back down to play the other side. This often produced astonishment in visitors when they saw it for the first time -- and the fact that they were often herbally enhanced at the moment almost certainly heightened the amazement. It was so early, there wasn't even any Dolby circuitry . . .

akai invert-o.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom