• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Any cat lovers here?

So, Abra....

At the Vet, we tried to avoid using the T word (tumor) and the C word (cancer).

They had a portable ultrasound machine and the vet immediately shouted out- "It's pus, YAY!".

I've never been so happy to hear the word pus.

So they drained an area about the size of 2-3 standard tea bags!

When we got her home, she looked like that demon koala meme-

View attachment 3753154

...but she is already 50% better.

Pupils are more even, attitude is back.

$312

Gonna be fun trying to keep that lily white neck from being pink.
Took 3 months for the yellowing from being outside to come out of her paws when she was a kitten.
Glad it's not C. Nothing a short bath won't clean up.
 
Last edited:
Very cool Copanel, whats that thing called?
We may have to see about getting one, but it might get lost under something around here…
 
Interactive cat toy with USB C charging. It's very cheap, aprox. 5 usd, I hope it works for at least a month.
I'll report back with news about the toy when it's killed.
 
Last edited:
Interactive cat toy with USB C charging. It's very cheap, aprox. 5 usd, I hope it works for at least a month.
I'll report back with news about the toy when it's killed.

That does look like a cool toy! I'll see if I can track something down on Azon that's similar. I'm always looking for a new toy.

That pulley/string toy I bought is resilient enough that it's lasted a few months now. Cats still love it, too.

I just cleaned out the collection of balls from underneath the oven a few days ago. I saved some carboard 'L' shaped (like L bracket extrusions) packing materials from various things I've received. I put those in front of the oven to prevent more balls and whatever else from being lost underneath.
 
In other news...

Rollo stayed in all night.
Kind of forced his way in at supper time and then stayed.
Pretty much kept to himself on the couch, but at breakfast, Romey expressed some displeasure and Rolls showed himself to the door.

He hasn't been an overnight guest since the winter freezes.
 
I saw that on Youtube with comments about it being AI because the shelves don't appear to be fastened to anything. Aside from that it's a great idea and actual supports for the shelving could easily be added. Also plastic sheeting can easily be added to keep out the elements.
 
IMG_1120.jpeg
This is your cat on drugs…
Rowan had her evening and morning dose of Gabapentin for the vet visit today, then they called and rescheduled her.

She has been such a good girl, I hated to see her all drugged up for no reason, but guess that’s the way it goes.
She sure was a sleepyhead today, and is now catching the west coast sun going down; while she can.

Best to all cats, far and wide.

Meow for now!
=-=
 
View attachment 3757661
This is your cat on drugs…
Rowan had her evening and morning dose of Gabapentin for the vet visit today, then they called and rescheduled her.

She has been such a good girl, I hated to see her all drugged up for no reason, but guess that’s the way it goes.
She sure was a sleepyhead today, and is now catching the west coast sun going down; while she can.

Best to all cats, far and wide.

Meow for now!
=-=

Wish gabapentin made me drowsy like her, I could use the sleep:)
 
Good time for some closeness/petting.

Can only help.
Yes indeed! I spent time with her giving love, and getting close to her. She was receptive in a lot of ways. definitely a different cat, but I know about Gabapentin all too well, and dislike the drug, speaking about myself…

The good thing is it is in a capsule and I am able to sprinkle it on a little pate, and she will chow it down, no problem— for that I am grateful, and since I have only had to give it to her twice since I’ve had her, it does work for her purposes.

She came up and sat on my lap for a bit this morning, Yay.

Heres health and well being to all cats, and our great hoomans here!

=-=
 
Yesterday we noticed Charlotte swallowing hard and making nose congestion noises.

This morning, Skippy is doing the same thing and has sneezed afew times.

Before leaving for work, I sequestered them in the guest room/kittenarium.

Could be in for a rough 3-4 weeks.

Anyone else gets it...in they go.


We have only had three other cats get a cold.

Two of them died within a month.

(But they were on the way out, anyway)

They must have insanely powerful immune systems to only be susceptible to a common cold when on death's door.
 
Back
Top Bottom